It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawking Says Humans Must Go Into Space

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well personally i wouldn't mind going into space with Hawkings hot female nurse
on the thread starters 1st post. Lol

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
not bad eh!

pitty, there's no money on the next planet.. so i doubt she'll follow!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I use to dream of space exploration, discover new worlds, wonder thru the galaxy, but I guess we are far away from it, the budged for research and space exploration is limited, and some times tecnology is hidden from us, rightnow we are just busy in to spending it on weapons and killing each other.
Evolotion is far away,with out research and experiments that cost a fortune it's not possible.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
How did you come up with that ?
The temperature raises a few degrees over centuries, and you think that makes us the most adaptive?

What makes us the most adaptive? Thats easy alittle thing called technology It can allow humans to survive in the hottest deserts, the coldest parts of the poles, miles under the ocean and even in outer space and the surface of the moon.

Thanks too technology humans can survive the more conditions then any animal or plant on earth, and technology is getting better all the time.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I wouldnt call that ADAPTING.
Because when the ice age comes, no matter what technology we have, we are still going to be wiped out, not matter what we have invented for our own pleasure.

Adapting to the enviroment we have done, in terms of being able to put a warm jumper on, and still sit outside during snow..

When you adapt you physically gain the required attributes to live
you dont create things to help you COPE.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
And how is a Ice age going to wipe us out
Humans already lived through a major one once before when the hand axe was about the most advanced technology.

Its going to take a whole lot more then a Ice age to wipe humans out.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well, I think we are both ASSUMING.
and you know what they say about assumptions,
they are the mother of all #### ups.

just because there is an ice age, doesnt mean 100% of the planet is engulfed in snow..

maybe a small continent somewhere remained in a particular area that it kept its tropical climate? thus homosapeans managed to live, much like crocodiles, cockroaches and so forth.

My ultimate point is,
SURE.. homosapeans back in the stone age survived, but they lived outdoors, used fires they were trained in that enviroment.

Todays world live in houses, play xbox, wear nike and are so soft, everysingle mood swing now has a disorder attached to it.

humans of the 21st century havent adapted to be able to withstand mothernature. on the EXTREME side of mother nature.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
the human race is an incredibly resiliant race - if a global disaster killed off 99% of the population, there would still be millions and millions of human survivors who would adapt and survive the disaster, while they would return to the stone age, there would still be a chance several thousand years down the road for a second chance at reaching the stars.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have to ask it, but why care what Stephen Hawking has to say in this regard? He is a mathematics professor (and I hardly doubt that he teaches any longer!) in England who writes books and delves into the 'string theory', but that does not make him anymore qualified than all other doomsayers
. I also have to ask, why is such a well known scientist so desperate for attention?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join