It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autralia, the next target !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The Australian government has listed Jemaah Islamiyah under its counter-terrorism legislation. But the pieces of the JI puzzle are still being put together. The ABC's Four Corners program has obtained a secret intellegence report which claims that in Jemaah Islamiyah's vision of an Asian Islamic superstate, northern Australia is included.

Presenter/Interviewer: Philippa McDonald

Speakers: Philippines Police Chief Colonel Rodolfo Mendoza

AUSTRALIA: Jemaah Islamiyah outlawed
When Australia's Federal Attorney General Daryl Williams outlawed Jemaah Islamiyah yesterday, he cleared the way for the arrest of any Australian supporters of the group. The spiritual leader of the group, Abu Bakar Ba'asyir is in custody in Indonesia over a series of church bombings. And Australia's domestic spy agency, ASIO, says key leaders of Jemaah Islamiyah have visited this country and that individuals trained by al Qaeda or its affiliates are in Australia.

Presenter/Interviewer: Matt Brown

Speakers: Daryl Williams, Australian Attorney General

www.abc.net.au...

[Edited on 28-10-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think he made up the Northern Australia bit though, a few of his colleagues and other terrorism experts familiar with the idea of an Islamic superstate came out after he mentioned northern australia was included and said they've never heard of north aus included in any of the plans.

Kinda makes sense, theres bugger all Muslims over here already, and invading would be somewhat of a pain in the ass for them, if not impossible.

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't know Kano, I'm not living in Australia. BTW, I hope you right.

I've read that some Aussies, since the bali incident, have commited some attacks against muslims in aultralia ( Musquee, beating men, removing tchador from muslim womens.... ).

Is it true ?

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I know you don't live in aus

Um, there was one or two reports of damage to mosques over east in the days immediately after the incident, but nothing of note.

There isn't much of an anti-muslim vibe down here to speak of.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I did a stupid remark.

And you didn't fail to see it....huuum ?

top topics

join