It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An added headache...maybe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I just had a thought..How would you go about getting someone to open and READ their u2u box?? Ugh humm *riffraff* (that was intentionally subliminal.)

But really, could there be like an added chime or sound to let someone know they have unread messages?? Just curious as I sometimes don't see mine either until logging out, then have to log back in as the alert is rather invisible amongst the background and all...

It's just a thought William! Not trying to give you a headache by my request

Mags

*edit* OK sounds probably would be impossible now that I think about it, so how about bolder print or something?

*Edit again* Alrighty then, ATS glasses for certain members such as myself??

[Edited on 10/23/03 by magestica]

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I agree with you Mags...............I think the noise should be a high pitch squeel that doesn't stop until the u2u is read
......then maybe the mods would actually read them

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is a board hack already made that pops the utu box up automatically when a new message is recieved. It runs when the page is loaded. You can't miss it when its in front of your nose.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I just had a thought..How would you go about getting someone to open and READ their u2u box?? Ugh humm *riffraff* (that was intentionally subliminal.)
[Edited on 10/23/03 by magestica]

I like magestica and her posts.

There is a difference between deafness and muteness.

Sometimes, a person may read/hear, and not reply/speak, for reasons other than slackness or lack of courtesy.

They may be suffering a U2U disability of some sort, and not want to reply to the receved U2U publicly, to avoid showing up the neo-Luddite status of the enquirer.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There is always emails and AIM's, things of that nature if other things are broken

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Great!

Let us form a tryst...

But wait...

I have got rid of all my instant messengers.

And you don't seem to have an ATS email addy. LOL.

I got myself a nice, shiny new ATS email, and configured it in Eudora, to avoid having to do anything with a new addy in my other email program. It seemed to be the easiest way for me. Eudora comes in three versions, I've chosen Light (you make the choice after registering) to get rid of the sponsor messages. Easy download, easy configuration with just what William sent you... but you may have to eliminate the SSL certificate check in order to send/receive, I had to.

Post anything up here if you have queries (except your email addy and passwords of course) and I will behave like a bumbling knight in shining armor for you if you need one, as I am little more advanced than yourself in these things if at all.

new topics

top topics

join