It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Direct2Drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Does anyone use this service to download PC video games to their computer?

If so are you pleased with the service?

www.direct2drive.com...

[edit on 10-6-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've used this service before and the experience wasn't a pleasant one. I bought a game from them only to have it lock me out and demand an activation code(which I already entered). Okay, that's all fine and dandy. The thing is when I go and try to re-enter the code it said that the code has already been entered by another person and that I was using this code illigally and it proceeded to dump a whole bunch of information back to DIrect2Drive Inc w/o my permission. I then call them up and ask them wth they think they are? At least they let me cancel the order...

Steam however ,I have not had many problems with yet.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've downloaded a few games from there they ran just fine.

If you loose the game don't worry should be able to just re-download it by entering your user-name and pw, should keep track of games you bought.

Only think I don't like is they could have a lot more games!

and it's the IGN/GAMESPY/VAULTNETWORK conglomerate so their servers should be around for a looooooooong time

wow that sux sardion and yeah, steam pwns.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ok thanks guys, I just ordered Serious Sam II form them.

I purchased Half-Life II from the store and it freezes up every time I run it. lame. I went the their help site and they say it could be because I have a sound blaster X-Fi extreme music sound card that it too far away from my video card. Like I'm going to reconfigure my system to play this game. I think I will burn my copy tomorrow....

new topics

top topics

join