It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mozilla Firefox Question....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
How do I always open everything in a new tab, without going to 'File' > 'New Tab', or 'CTRL + T'.

I swore I had it that way a couple days ago, but I checked everything in 'Options', and I can't find what I think I'm looking for.

In 'Options' > 'Tabs', I have

"Open links from other applications: X - a new tab in the most recent window."

X - "Force links that open in new windows to open in:

X - a new tab"

The next three boxes are also checked.

[edit on 6/10/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You need Linky to do that. It sounds like you just updated and it broke. Redownload it and see if that works.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well, actually no, that's not it. But looks like a nifty little addon. But thanks for the linky link. Sounds funny like that.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Tools >> Tab Mix Plus Options >> Links *Tab* >> Open Links That Open In A New Window In: NEW TAB >> Open Links From Other Applications In: NEW TAB

Also, Tools >> Options >> Tab Mix Plus *tab*>> Open Links From Other Applications In: A NEW TAB IN THE MOST RECENT WINDOW >> *tick* Force Links That Open New Windows To Open In: A NEW TAB

There ya go. Now whenever you click a link on, say, ATS, it will open in a new tab in the same Firefox Window.

If you want to be entirely sure that it will, press CONTROL when you click the link and the new tab will take over the screen.

If you don't want to new tab to take over the screen, like when you're browsing through New Posts and are just opening heaps, click the Center Scroll Wheel on your mouse instead of the left button, and that will open the link in a new tab but will remain on the page that had the link.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yay! Now that's it!

As was previously implied, those options must have been somehow trashed during an update.

watch_the_rocks rocks!

Thanks, rocks!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Rest assured, I'll be awatchin' for those rocks wherever I go!

top topics

join