It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Let's not forget our sister site:

www.sportztawk.com...

Feel free to contribute there too.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Let's not forget our sister site:

www.sportztawk.com...

Feel free to contribute there too.

I have to register there as a new member and do all that stuff again??? Why cant all ATS members be automaticaly members of sportztawk dot com for all the lazy ppl who dont want to bother signing up again ?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
HA HA. I am not having a go, but you can sure tell your American from your statement. Crouch would be useless in defense. He is probably only good in attack as he is so good with his feet and has ariel power (sometimes) considering his height.

Well yesterday, I saw a lot more of him blocking shots than actually shooting any himself, so yeah he was doing more defending yesterday. Also every time he got to the ball the Reff called a foul!

Why people expect England to win so comfortable is beyond me. They are only a 3 man team most of the time. Quarter finals again if lucky.

You do realize that this is probably the best English team since 1990 to play at the World Cup (or since the 1970's!). They have like 9 major players that have both talent and experience their way. Plus they are in exceptional form. I honestly believe that this team can make it to the finals, all they need is fire in their belly....a coach like Franz Beckenbauer would also get them there!

Oh and by the way, you know more about 'soccer' than I do US football. Just to show I am not be over critical mate!

Shocking isnt it ?? I have tarnished the established image, cultivated through years of painstaking indifference to the world outside America....

Lol. About those plastic flags on the cars, Ive seen them too and thought of getting them but it would be funny to put them on in the USA, I'd get wierd looks from people!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You get weird looks in England for not having one of those chav flags on your car, theres nothing wrong with having pride in your country but I think those flags are a bit daft!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
yay england!

lol i was ready to slap all of our team so hard yday tho

"oh its so hot, boo hoo hoo we dont want to play boo hoo its so hot mummy dont make us play in the nasty heat boo hoo"

ffs as if this country needed an excuse!! gah

they are professional athletes why cant they play for 90 mins without being so moany? im very unfit but i went for a jog with bits of sprinting yesterday and i managed 2 hours without stopping, and the heat here was the same if not hotter than germany

against a better side we would have got smacked about 4 - 0 in the seccond half

and to be honest paraguay should have atleast equalised if not beaten us

but i guess it dont mater how u play aslong as u win, but i swear if one more england player or english commentatior mentions heat as a factor im goin to fly over there and beat the crap out of them for stupid moaning

in other games how good was the argentia ivory coast match? i loved that match so much!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Does anybody else think this Wayne Rooney "injury" is a publicity stunt? Sven will probably keep him on the bench for the league part of the World Cup then use him in the finals.

England better bloody win this year! Come on England!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Does anybody else think this Wayne Rooney "injury" is a publicity stunt?

My friend and I were talking this over...It could be shrewd tactics by Sven to keep Rooney on the benches and match-fresh until we meet a stronger team, perhaps that was why the Paraguay match was a tactical mess and overall poor show...a case of deliberate mis-direction...make England look lack-lustre and uncoordinated for a first match and just willing to sit tight on an only-goal, then when we meet the heavy-weight likes of Italy and Argentina we'll roll out the Spud-Faced Genius and trounce 'em!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think Heargreaves, despite the criticism, will be useful, given that he has been playing in Germany and so has more experience of playing in these conditions and on these pitches. Beckham too has experience playing in a hotter country, which is probably why he suddenly seems like a decent player again. But they can't play with Crouch on his own, he just isn't good enough. They should have brought Defoe and left Theo, who I can't see making any impact at all in this cup.

As for the rest, they should do fine. Rooney might be playing against Sweden, if not T&T, and once he's on we'll see wether England were worth the hype after all, and I think they are. Joe Cole looks good, and the Terry and Ferdinand pairing looks solid enough, but let's hope Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Micheal Owen live up to their billing, If they have a bad tournament, it could leave England looking like all mouth and no trousers, IMO.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's like Football Manager 06 that I play last week.

I cheat it with editor by move all of the great player in the world to play in my team.

but at last my team was draw with average team in PML...

IMO,Erikson is think too much..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join