It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone relate to my experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I've had this weird experience a few times.
While drifting off to sleep, while Im still conscience I can sometimes see through my eye lids as if they were open. Its really quite strange, because while I'm aware of it, if I'm careful I can keep doing it, looking at objects in the room. But there's usaully something missing from the room like a TV or something, so I know its not real.

And sometimes when I'm in that same state of almost sleep I sometimes have conversations with people. People I usaully know. Except I have full control over the direction of the converstaion as if it were real, and the person talks back as if its really that person, personality and all.

Anybody experience the same thing or something similiar.
Or know whats happening.
Is this anything like lucid dreaming?

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
In some cases, it's just the way your eyes work. They're almost like cameras running a constant video tape... Our eyelids aren't exactly opaque...ambient light still gets in, and sometimes the image of the room is "burned" in (for lack of a better term). If the tv, etc. is a similar dark/light as it's surroundings, it may not "show" in your obscurred view.

It could also be lucid dreaming, of the variety similar to when you dream you got up, got dressed, etc. and then realized you're still in bed and woke up!

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Happens to me quite often...while going to sleep with my eyes closed I am able to see lights....flashes or vague shapes. Really dont understand it but it happens.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The human form is made up of a number of bodies which fit together like the colors of a rainbow fit together to form clear light. When the earth body sleeps the soul moves its consciousness into another phase of existence and into one of its other bodies such as the astral body. While the human is still awake yet with its eyes closed it may suddenly find that it can see as though its eyes were open. However as it is seeing into altered states of reality such as the astral planes there will be various differences in the surroundings that it sees.

Normally this allowing of the consciousness to see through the eyes of one or more of its own different bodies is controlled by the person's guardian angel or higher self (overself).

The overself has access to many different dimensions and realities, and sometimes you may see and feel living beings standing around you and speaking with you even though you are alone with your eyes closed.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
happens all the time except everything seems slowed down

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You should read "The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More" by Roald Dahl. The story of Henry Sugar is supposedly based on a real person who used a similar ability to your's in order to cheat while gambling, which made him incredibly wealthy.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I once was up for a long period due to hubby being gone and someone trying to break in the house at that time so I was up 48 hrs straight with very little (3 hrs)sleep before that and so later while talking to my husband I began to speak to an individual in a foreign language, we understood one another perfectly, only thing is I do not who this was or any foriegn languages. In my mind we were sitting under a tree talking we knew one another very well but he told me I could not stay with him I had to go back, then I continued in mid sentence of what my hubby and me had spoke of before. I asked hubby what happened he said that I was answering his question and in the middle of the answer I began speaking a weird language rather rapidly and was pausing in between my outburst as though I was talking to someone listening to their answers and then I finished the answer to his question. all I know for sure is I wanted to finish the conversation I had with this person it seemed important and I was angry that I did not get to finish it, I always like to have the last word. At any rate i do not have any idea of what we discussed.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
That happens to me, when I get tired and go to sleep, I'll close my eyes and see a door and when I open them, my bedroom door is in the exact position.

And I have had conversation's with (in my opinion) ghosts, at my mothers house right in between the awarness and dream state, and heard them almost telepathically.The only conversation I remeber is:

???-Hello

Me- Hello

???-I was the first one

Me- The first one of what??

??? - the first one....

There may have been more conversation but I do not remeber.....

I believe who ever I was talking to was the first one to die as i believe there are two ghosts at my mothers house.

gog

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think It is a type of Out Of Body Experience. Seeing through your eyelids is just one part. Try and move out of your body. I have never done it(I wish I could) but people claim to be able to leave their body.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
the same has happened to me, just as i was drifting off to sleep (with my eyes closed) i could suddenly see everything around me, i looked around the room and could see absoultly everything!

at that point i opened my eyes as it scared the hell outta me

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
SOunds to me like the beginning of an OBE (Astral Projection). Read up on these. You may find that is exactly what it is. Most people flip when this happens and it goes no further, yet, they are about the coolest thing you can do while laying in bed.

Well, other than sex of course.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
SOunds to me like the beginning of an OBE (Astral Projection). Read up on these. You may find that is exactly what it is. Most people flip when this happens and it goes no further, yet, they are about the coolest thing you can do while laying in bed.

Well, other than sex of course.

an OBE sounds right.
so does an 'Inner Journey' (kinda like getting shrunk-down as in the 'Fantastic Voyage' movie)...seeing as its' excellent practice to KNOW-Oneself, first.

about the 2d comment; ...sex of course.
having experienced the Kundilini Fire more than once...those biological orgasims are Pale Imitators to tthe waves of unity-oneness-purity-ecstacy...

eom

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have noticed this behaviour the past weeks myself.

I was at the University waiting for my Ex to get off from her lecture. I sat down by the benches outside and drank my slurpee. I closed my eyes for a bit and noticed that I could still see my slurpee, I would move it left to right, and the same would occur with my eyes closed.

I have also noticed lately that I can see images when my eyes are closed. Images not created by my consciousness, but Images as if I were viewing a television.

Deep

top topics

join