It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Data on Nuclear Agency workers hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
....................Please Forgive me if this has already been posted ......................

according to Reuters:WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A computer hacker got into the U.S. agency that guards the country's nuclear weapons stockpile and stole the personal records of at least 1,500 employees and contractors, a senior U.S. lawmaker said on Friday.

The target of the hacker, the National Nuclear Safety Administration, is the latest agency to reveal that sensitive private information about government workers was stolen.

and for the rest of the story go to: REUTERS LINK

The reason why i posted this in the War section is because of the obvious nuke talk that has been going around lately. who would want info in these people if not to use it against us in some way? i for one am not fully convinced that the U.S will be the victim of a nuke attack but i would imagine that it would be pretty hard to hack into information like this, so it must be someone sophisticated enough with a serious need for it.

What do you all think?

CHEERIO!
Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

Mod Edit: No Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Cheap Hack

If they were truly sophisticated, there would be no evidence they had ever been there.

The fact that the NNSA knows about this -- and we do -- suggests that the intruders were not as sophisticated as we might presume.

In any case, public disclosure of these sorts of security breaches is generally not an advisable strategy for many good reasons.

Unless, of course, there is an ulterior interest in affecting public opinion for political purposes or otherwise using this information as a source of political leverage.

I smell an agenda.

join