It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euthinasia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Now what im curious about is what all u people think about EUTHINASIA.
i feel quite strongly on this subject and i am wondering how u feel about it.
Should someone have the right to chose to die? how they die? and where they die?

if you were in severe pain and unable to move or were looking 4ward to a lifetime of pain,unable to move, and having to let someone else bathe you ,feed you etc would you want someone to help you die? that is the ultimate question aint it. as a human being i feel i should have the right to cjhoose to die if i was in sever discomfort /pain/dying anyway etc....

if you have an ill or severly disabled dog do u keep it alive on medication knowing that it is in pain and its quality of life basically sucks?
NO you would take it to the vets and have him/her put down so they werent in any more pain.

Why cant this be the case with humans as well? i feel that animals get better treated than most humans do. i dont mean that u can jus take your grandma to the docs and have her put down but if the patient had it clearly stated on medical records(like they do for organ donation or do not resusitate orders) and they were of sound mind when they stated it why cant they end a lifetime of pain.discomfort and imobibility.
i say it should be aloud if your animal is to ill and its quality of life will suffer it gets put down!!!

Please feel free to comment as im intrested on everyones views

Mod Edit: All Caps Title– Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I feel that everyone has the right to chose when, how, and where they want to die. It bothers me that almost all our choices are regulated in some way, and no one has the right to decide if someone wants to depart. I don't necessarily enjoy everything in life, and I will be danged if someone will tell me that I can't leave if I chose to. Suffering is relative, and if it is time to go then so be it.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I agree. Not everyone wants to complete the road to the big city of natural death. Some want to make their death homestead on the road there, and not go through the pain of the journey. But the activists want everyone to suffer with them because they are to afraid to commit suicide and stop on the road.

join