It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standing up for yourself

page: 1

join
share:
Ox

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This story was emailed to me.. and It's a great read for anyone that believes that most if not all of our rights have been taken away, It just proves that if you stand up for yourself and your rights, the GBP (Government Propaganda BS) will back down, fight back, dont take it laying down, stand up for your rights, You still have them , they havent been taken away, just covered up like most things.. This is a great read as I said.. and I'm sure I'm going to receive a ton of different comments.. some for and some against.. but I welcome all comments.. This is what needs to be done to bring back the freedom we had that is being oppressed by certain governments...

No ID Airport Challenge

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Great find, Ox!
I more than likely will be flying out at some point over the summer months, and I will make a point of trying this out. Why not? I mean, I definitely believe that this guy was truly the safest person on that plane. It's an interesting challenge, and a brave one. Kudos to the guy that had the guts to try it out!

Ox

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply!.. And yeah, You have to give this guy credit.. But he stood up for himself, He doesnt believe in the fake authority that has been given to these people and they knew that and backed down.. It's all in the image..

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What do you mean that 'they' woudl back down? The article notes that the law states that you don't require id to fly, that if you don't have id, then you get a more thorough search.

Thats precisely what happened. Where did 'they' back down?

Personally, i don't think you should be able to fly without ID, or at least not without reporting your id stolen to the police. How can they even verify that you are using your own ticket? You could just steal an expensive ticket from someone and waltz onto the plane with this. And, lets face it, its stupid to let someone onto a plane without knowing who they are, especially when we live in an environment where.....peopel are trying to hijack planes.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Although there may be ulterior motives for demanding ID's, I still think it should be done.

Who makes the call on who and who not to ID? They could discriminate and only check those who look suspicious or fit the bill, but who knows for sure what the next terrorist is going to look like.

I know when I was younger, showing ID at a liquor store was not and is not unusual when asked to do so.

Ox

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The problem with people who "fit the bill" is that would cause profiling debates.. Can you imagine "Sorry Sir, you APPEAR to be muslim, Im going to have to strip search you" I think that might become a big issue, quickly, Although, it might not if they are giving the false authority to do so and people just let them get away with it.. This is standing up for your rights and privacy, which I think alot of people have forgotten that they still have and have given it up easily for the illusion of safety

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I agree with OX on this, and more importantly just because someone has an id does not mean they are not a terroist and vice versa, ID is not needed what is need is more air marshals on planes ( and they shouldn't have to wear such obvious clothing )...... i justify this with this fun fact cops, fly on planes with guns wearing unmarked clothing, and the airlines offer to pay for their ticket back if all they purchase is a oneway ticket ... my source: 3 neighbors that are cops and one brother

Ox

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I dont think all we need is more air Mashals.. I think what we need is LESS GPB.. Or Government Propaganda BS.. That's what we need.... Less GPB.. less lies, less media garbage.. and the world to go back to the way it was almost 8 years ago.. Things are spiraling out of control this way.. and its just going to get perpetually worse... thats all there is to it...

new topics

top topics

join