It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock market fall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yesterday, the stock markets did horribly, most things were down. No reason for this was given on the news. Apparently it hasn't done this badly since 9/11.
I was wondering what peoples thoughts on this are, and what possible explanations could be?
And do some people know something that's going to happen that we dont?
I just find it very curious. Sorry if theres another topic on this already.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well, some members have been saying, "look out for a fall in the stock markets", because of the bunker drill that will take place on June 19th, or something like that...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
there are alot of factors within just the american systems alone that are causing this potential economic minefield... really just gotta sit back an make sure your not riskin what you cant lose.....

an gold an silver dont seem the best bet, lol toothpaste, plastic bags, tin foil will become the hot stock items lol gold an silver will be traded for it lol ( j/king)

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
Yesterday, the stock markets did horribly, most things were down.

The stock market goes up, then it goes down. People feel like buying things, people feel like selling things. People feel good, then they feel bad. The sun rises, then it sets. Animals get hungry, they eat, and then they don't feel hungry anymore.

That pretty much explains it.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hmm but just the timing of it is a little odd I think. These things don't just happen every day to this extent, and the stock market is sometimes a signal of things to come.
I mean with all the talk of something happening in america soon, people at the top whom are mostly likely involved with stocks are bound to know more details than us, and will act accordingly in the stock market to gain maximum benefit. Everyone here knows about this stuff anyway, and was wondering about their thoughts on it.
Repeat: This hasn't happened since 9/11!!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Yesterday, the stock markets did horribly, most things were down. No reason for this was given on the news. Apparently it hasn't done this badly since 9/11.
I was wondering what peoples thoughts on this are, and what possible explanations could be?
And do some people know something that's going to happen that we dont?
I just find it very curious. Sorry if theres another topic on this already.

The Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke gave a speach and he said that he was shocked by the amount of inflation and he would continue to raise the interest rates.

Here is Good Reading if you want to figure out what is going on in the global economy...basically is economic warfare!

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Where2Hide2006]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I mean with all the talk of something happening in america soon, people at the top whom are mostly likely involved with stocks are bound to know more details than us, and will act accordingly in the stock market to gain maximum benefit.

What do you want us to say, that the end is nigh?

Okay, the end is nigh! The entire U.S. economy will be in the toilet by the end of the year, inflation will run wild, the housing bubble will burst, taxes will fly out of control and millions will be plunged into poverty and starvation. Riots in the streets for food. The Western States will secede from the Union. The turmoil will drag the rest of the world into a long depression, where the only way out will be to have another massive World War to stimulate scientific advancement and reallocate land and weath.

We're all DOOMED! Yes, DOOMED! The Illuminati will finally gain all the world's wealth and force the rest of us poor slobs into mines and prison camps. Then we'll all be hooked up to machines and have The Matrix pumped into our brains (oh, that's already happened, it's called "television").

Because yes, we've all fallen under the spell of the Anti-Christ, who is actually Jesus as twisted by the Vatican, which is controlled by the Masons.

Soon the Final Conflict will be fought between Christians who worship a false god, and the Elohim, the Watchers, advanced alien beings who will return from the Sirius system on their planet-sized spaceship called Marduk and teach us about the lies of Jesus/Lucifer and the Hebrew warrior storm god YWHW, and the truth of the benevolent Annunaki, who used their DNA to transform us from primates to humans and made it possible for us to directly commune with the great Living Overlord of the Universe, a trans-dimensional being living in all times but created in the future by the incorporation of all matter and energy into a single living consciousness.

So it might be a good idea to do a little bargain hunting and pick up some good deals in the Stock Market while things are on "sale."

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Enkidu,
your good. You just summed up all the topics on Ats in a few paragraphs.

Seriously though, people are just freaking out because they are wanting to raise the rates. I hear that intrest rates for houses is supposed to be up to at least 7% in August.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

Enkidu,
your good. You just summed up all the topics on Ats in a few paragraphs.

Seriously though, people are just freaking out because they are wanting to raise the rates. I hear that intrest rates for houses is supposed to be up to at least 7% in August.

The Interest Rates are already at 7% for a fixed rate 30 year loan... It depends on how much inflation hits the economy...but it is already very high, and would only get worse if we invade Iran and Gas goes over $100 p/b.

The Thing is... a 6-7% Federal Funds Rate is about the Average... thats not counting an inflationary period where rates and taxes need to be raised to take $$$ out of the system. Its the only way to control inflation. Another way to look at it... if you got a $100 bill yesterday...and Today there way 5% Inflation...then your $100 bill will only buy you $95 dollars worth of goods...

The problem isn't Inflation... Its STAGFLATION... Look it Up! Its WAY WORSE!
Its what happens when the economy is in an Inflationary Period, and AT THE SAME TIME is Also going into a Cool Down Period then the FED would be "causing" a RECESSION ... because they would continue to raise rates to fight inflation and the falling dollar...which will make it MORE costly to corporations to borrow money...which they wouldn't be able to afford because their profits and production would already be down because of the cool off.

There is A-LOT of SPECULATION of STAGFLATION!!!

Check Out This Link... I Explain it a little clearing and included Geo-Political Ramifications of the nWo PNAC plan...

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread210899/pg1'

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
The Interest Rates are already at 7% for a fixed rate 30 year loan

AAhhh when did it go up???? It was just at a little above 6% like a month ago! (we are fixing to by a house )

The problem isn't Inflation... Its STAGFLATION... Look it Up! Its WAY WORSE!
Its what happens when the economy is in an Inflationary Period, and AT THE SAME TIME is Also going into a Cool Down Period then the FED would be "causing" a RECESSION ... because they would continue to raise rates to fight inflation and the falling dollar...which will make it MORE costly to corporations to borrow money...which they wouldn't be able to afford because their profits and production would already be down because of the cool off.

*big gasp for air*
you know, I might just need some Ritalin if I am going to try to understand this stuff. A bit complex, it is.

SO basicly, these guys want to make more money. To do that, they are going to screw everyone to the fullest extent, and there not a darn thing we can do about it. right?

SO.....why are THEY hurting for money?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The stock market decline made sense to me since I read a news article at lunch time about multiple banks or governments around the globe either raising interest rates or planning on it. The article stated I believe perhaps Japan, EU, and another major bank or governing body raised rates and caused a big panic much like our US Fed chairman does everytime he talks about raising rates. The UK held the line or was the hold out I read.

The last few times I noticed this happened in the US, the stocks climbed after the one day of fear was over with. It's like investors hear of a rate increase and go "oh no, the economy is going south, sell, sell, sell." Then the next day, they think more clearly and think, "oh the economy must be good if they believe they have to raise rates to keep inflation in check."

However it was a bit alarming to see international stocks down about 3.4% today after lunch before they made a slight rebound later. They were pulling US stocks down as well but US stocks made a comeback. All this due to fears of a slower global economy because interest rates are being increased around the globe.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I didn't want to say the end is nigh and all of that, I just wanted some good discussion on what the causes may be, whether it be about conspiracy theories or not.
So far one member says it's about a major body raising interest rates.
Which wasn't an explanation i'd heard elsewhere. Actually i hadn't heard any explanations on the media yet, so of course being a reader of this site my mind started to wander abit

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Causes for the decline all IMHO of course, don't take my word for it and risk money or anything.

1. Summer Trading season has just begun and lots of people sell just before they go on vacation.

The hollow sticks are periods of time where the Closing value was higher then the Opening value, the solid sticks are periods of decline and from which, an chart analyist can gather information that does not come across in a line or bar chart.

This is a 5 year candlestick chart of the Dow-Jones Industrial Index. As you can see, this index has seen it's share of ups and downs in obvious places. Recently however, the DJI has seen fairly strong growth until recently. See those last two sticks? That particular formation signifies a change in the current trend and a slightly bearish one at that. A correction is always around the corner.

3. Oil and Electricity play a factor of course, but right now, it's not nearly as bad as it should be. Wether it's the fact that people are in denial, or the amount of purchasing power of the Consumers in teh US is much larger then estimated. I think it's the latter and a lot of lives will be ruined due to shoddy money management.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by sardion2000]

top topics

join