It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice system is as disgusting as this news.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
For those who are'nt aware of this case in the UK, a couple who were supposed to be babysitting a 12 week old baby, raped her and subjected her to indecent assaults whilst also taking photograghs. The initial sentences caused outrage, so the courts reviewed them and looked to increase them.

www.sky.com...

How the hell does increasing a baby rapists sentence by just two years give any scary messages out to these sick people?

Thankfully these sicko's will probably not live to see thier release date, baby rapists don't exactly get a warm welcome in prison these days. If they do make thier release date, i'd bet money on how long they are around for afterwards.

It makes me wonder what depravities the judges are into when they hand out a sentence like that? If it's the governments fault, why the hell is'nt it changed?

CX.

[edit on 8/6/06 by CX]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I honestly don't know.

It's stories like these that just make you wonder, what can be done with the Justice System? Cases like this illustrate how incompetent and sometimes plain loony the system is, and it worries me that it's "the way things are" in a country considered developed.

The usual excuse is "we need to treat them, not imprison them". While it's true they need treatment, the system nearly always fails, and that "treatment" does nothing or doesn't appear. What can we do? I think the Human Rights of criminals has become far too important, we need to start realising that by treating them "softly, softly", we are doing nothing to prevent this from happening. But I'm not in charge, and I've got no real ideas. I just wish the people who were in charge would have some more "good ideas" and less seemingly "mad" ones.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I seriously wish some day child rapists are decapitated in public like in the old days....they didn't put up with that kind of **** in those days.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
i wwas actually just gonna post about this, this man is one sick

how anyone could think that his sentance was just is a lunaatic. increasing his sentance by 2 years wow. he should serve much much longer. this man raped a 12 week old baby for goodness sake, if this doesnt prove he needs to be detained longer what in the world would?

The legal system of today is one big joke. You get more time for theft than you do for crimes like this. the law is a farce

top topics

join