It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We lost a good one yesterday.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I did a couple of different searches and didn't see this posted, but if a threads been started of course kill this or "re-educate" it or what ever Mods do to redundant threads.

Anyhoo, Dr. Harley Rutledge passed away at the glorious age of 80 yesterday.

Link:

www.semissourian.com...

Applying science to ufology in such a way as to not ruin your career or family should be admired by all of us I think.

Good article, Good guy(evidently), sorry to see he's passed away.

Just to clarify never met the man and quite frankley don't know much about him, but figured if a mention of his work belonged anywhere, it belongs here.

Klatu Borata Nikto kids.

SPiderj

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I just read the article. Where are all the videos and photos that he took? Why aren't they available?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
A lot of the old school ufologists who started in the 1950's during the first big flaps are getting mighty old and passing on. And there's really not too many new guys around to replace them.

As for the hidden stuff, I have found that a lot of the long-time UFO researchers have very important information hidden away that they never published and rarely showed to anyone. Some of it involves information given to them by military and other officials that they were sworn to keep secret. Others have kept it secret as a kind of "B.S. detector" that they could use as a guide to tell if others were telling them the truth about the situation.

I don't know what this information might be. Possibly official classified reports, photos, etc., related to the reality of UFOs. I have to assume that there are such things filed away out there. The government is big on reports. Maybe this information relates to alien beings from other planets, time travel, or something even more strange having to do with fundamental perceptions and concepts we have about reality. The latter would be my guess. I find alien space beings to be a particularly unimaginative notion.

Anyway, perhaps as more of these folks pass away, some of this information they squirreled away will see the light of day. Or maybe not. Hopefully, it just won't end up being ridiculous disinformation, or something else that shows these real researchers to be as gullible as the average person.

join