It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Count

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I had family that lived in Pass Christian when this hurricane occured. They said that the death count was a lie. It is way over the amount the government has released. They said the morgues alone were full of dead bodies that were never counted. And when they finally got to the bodies, they were no more than a slugde.
One of the things they remember while living there, was that Bush was doing a local tv interview on the beach about a couple of feet from the ocean, in Gulf Port. While the interview was going, a body was floating in the water. The camera man noticed it and the rest of the reporters, and were trying to get the president to move further up in the sand and at a different angle. The body was in the picture for about 10 seconds before they finally noticed. But question is, are they hiding the number of people that were killed, or do they just not know. I just know the lower the number, the less heat your gonna get.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You would have to think that at least a small number of the dead are unaccounted for and even unknown. People with no families to inquire about them, homeless people, etc. Just recently I read an article somewhere about the official death toll going up due to related deaths that happened in other states, I guess they are now including health related issues, such as heart attack into the figures now. I'm not even sure of the exact figure but you would have to think that the majority of the deaths are accounted for... I think the figure is over 1500 now in Louisiana alone, 200 to 300 in Mississippi and Alabama each, so roughly 1800 in all. I can't see the number of "missing/unreported" deaths being more than 200, without more public knowledge and outcry from relatives seeking loved one, plus I really don't see the benefit to the government for hiding the death toll, a few hundred more deaths really wouldn't make a big difference to general population. it would have to be in the thousands for there to be any sort of outcry or outrage.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
How much over is way over? Is it in the 1000's or 100's? Also how many of those bodies were from flooded graves? I did hear they had a problem with bodies surfacing that have been previously buried. They would have a problem right there trying to figure out which bodies were Kitrina statics, and which were already dead. I wouldn't be suprised if they just happened to throw out a number just to give something to the public. Even a low ball number is better than none at all. An honest I don't know wouldn't have gone very well with the public either. They probablly gave a number even before all the bodies were even found.

I would have a problem if they knew it was in the high thousands, and they low balled it in the hundreds. World watcher said it was 1500, and probablly went up some since. Now if the true count was more like 5000 minus a 1000 or so previoiusly dead people, yes I would have a problem and start asking questions as to why not tell us the truth.

join