It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if nostradamos saw the wrong omen for the end of the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
All jokes aside i was wondering if it would be at all possible that Nostradamus' vision of the anitichrist wasn't really him watching "The Omen" and thought it was real so he wrote it down and years later the circle was completed by filmakers going ahead with the realease date for the same film. It kinda bogles the mind right?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Nostradamus said the world would end in about 1600 years from now.

I think he was probably right.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Actually, Nostradamus was not 100% accurate in his predictions!

Today even, many interpret his so called ''prophecies'' AFTER the actual event.
Which by facts alone, makes for not REAL prediction.

In order to understand the 'end of the world' , Revelation pretty much summs it up of what is to occur.
Of-course many people here will say that it is all allegory based, but Revelation was written for the end of times...
Take Revelation....... the 7 churches....
Each church represents the AGES of the CHURCH itself will go through....
from what i have read,(NOT MY OPINION)we are living in the last period of the church age...
Revelation was written by St John the Theologian, in aN actual cave which is in Greece ON THE iSLAND OF PATMOS .... it is also where Nostradamus visited(which, in my opinion, probably liked the writing on the WALL ....
I did have a pic of the cave, where it is said that when St John witnessed the Revelation, the cave was split into three columns..
If i find it, i will post it here....
Found it.......BUT it is all Greek writing!
SPLIT COLUMN..2nd picture
pic of the cave......says that the columns became three .....symbolizing the Trinity!

thats it for now.
helen
EDIT spelling mistakes...hmmm, hope it reads ok!

[edit on 6/6/2006 by helen670]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

I did have a pic of the cave, where it is said that when St John witnessed the Revelation, the cave was split into three columns..
If i find it, i will post it here....
Found it.......BUT it is all Greek writing!
SPLIT COLUMN..2nd picture

Hello helen670,

Used babelfish.com to do a greek to english translation of the page if you're interested. babelfish.altavista.com...

The text below the pic of the cave reads:

The delivery supports that the rock of cavern, in which the God You reveal in Ioannis the futures, was in torn creating a big crack. This crack leads to three new cracks (that symbolize the Saint Trinity) and through which they were heard the voice of God which dictated in Ioannis the Revelation.

Don't know much about Nostramus but, to the whole The Omen being released on 6/6/06 having any spiritual meaning, imo, doesn't make much sense. The originial was released in '76 and the re-making of it and releasing it on 6/6/06 is just a marketing ploy. Wikipedia has a good read on it:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Rren//

Yeh, my bad!

I understand that the film has nothing to do with having spiritual meaning, actually more like making money out of the situation 666 being the date and all...

Hmmm,
The actual greek interpretation of the gREEK is pretty good..

Made a mistake with the columns bit..not columns,...hmmmm,

the cave...As is known in Greece..''the cave of the APOCALYPSE''
It was 95AD that it was written in the cave.....according to what i interpreted from the greek., ruler being Dometianou?

The cracks, yes,do symbolize the ''TRINITY'' .....interpreting from the greek,it does change meaning.
SAINT.....actual meaning'' blessed Trinity ''..rather then Saint!
It is written that the voice that St John the theologian heard was Gods voice and wrote the words in the cave..........
Also

in which the God You reveal in Ioannis the futures

The actual meaning here is that it is left for the future for those True followers to follow.

helen

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I saw The Omen yesterday and its a good movie, with a good twist at the end. But aside from that, didnt Nostradamos tell who the 3 antichrists would be? the first one he mentioned was to be Napoleon ... the second Hitler, and i cant remember the third ones name. (But it wasnt Bush or Kerry!)
Anyways, the third antichrist is supposed to be the one that finally presents himself and destorys all man kind. But there is an argument deciding wether this man in the future can be tagged the third antichrist. to be the antichrist, you have to accomplish full leadership and power, Napoleon and Hitler were both killed before they reached there goals. so they may not have counted as the first two antichrists. i know this is probably kind of confusing but im sure someone will get it.

Jesus Christ himself-

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

heres a good link
Linky Link

[edit on 6/7/2006 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
there are problems with nostradamus.

i like to think the main one is time lines, if you go to far into the future you may be reading a different timeline. that really finishes that argument.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Nostradamus was a man, as we have seen in the past and as we speak, man makes mistakes.....
aside from that, i have a question, was there some kind of mistake in reading the Mayan calender i've heard that the predictions are right but the dates are not, and that it was done on purpose to keep 'the end of the world' from being changed.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzzammazzA
Nostradamus was a man, as we have seen in the past and as we speak, man makes mistakes.....
aside from that, i have a question, was there some kind of mistake in reading the Mayan calender i've heard that the predictions are right but the dates are not, and that it was done on purpose to keep 'the end of the world' from being changed.

Yes, Nostradamus was just a man and his prophetic Quantrains(spelling)do not stand because anyone reading them, can alter them to suit the event he was talking about.
This can happen with alot of 'man made' prophecies and they are always looked at ''after the event' why?
Well, because man finds ways to suit themselves and their opinion.

eg/
Take Revelation from the Bible......

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein; for the time is at hand (1.3). And again: Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book... Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book; for the time is at hand (22.7, 10).

Here we have a precise command to Hear the words of this prophecy....
We are also told to not ''Seal'' the prophecy.

And in Daniel.....
Close the words, and seal the book to the time of the end;
until many are taught and knowledge is increased.
Daniel 12.4

I wont go into the Prophecy of the Bible because this thread is not about that.

azzammazzA///

Mayan calender i've heard that the predictions are right but the dates are not, and that it was done on purpose to keep 'the end of the world' from being changed.

To tell you the truth, I'm not real familiar with the Mayan prophecy/calander, but i don't think that the 'End of the World' can be changed...
Man can change for the better or worse,depends on what man wants ?
In my opinion, man's failings is wanting knowledge of what one cannot physically be available to him. Without TRUE knowledge, man cannot fully understand things that are of 'not of this world'..

helen

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
hi Helen i was just wondering if you think the same way about the Bible and religion

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Are those quotes from the bible? very intriguing, I need to find time to read the bible., after hearing that I feel almost compelled to type my story. When I was around 10-11 years old I had dreams that were VERY vivid ex... a werewolf chasing me and grabbing my leg with its mouth i woke up and looked at my leg, it felt sore. I had that dream a few times and then one night I had a dream about hell, it was hot and firery and people moaning i saw the devil, I think.. but I think he started threatening me and I think I told him he could have my soul or somthing to that effect. I woke up in a really heavy sweat it was almost a burning sensation under my blankets on my legs. (sorry about the vagueness this was a long long time ago) It was exactly like a girl had explanied it on TV in her dream.... about a year ago. Then 2 or so years later I talked to what I figured was god, I was in grade 5-6 I think, really depressing time in my life that i'd rather not talk about. He talked to me a few times, I was asking him weird questions like "God am, Iam" I remember stopping and thinking Iam!? am II am I.... must be crazy, first of all whats 'Iam' then he told me. He told me that i wasent 'him.' we also talked about how America will get flooded down south I then stopped again and thought what?! America, flooded, wouldent that kill alot of people? to me it was unbelieveable such a huge catastrophe in such a place where you think it just woulden't happen. The twin towers, the war in Iraq, we talked about it all and then some..... But thats the problem I remember him or 'me' telling me I wouldent remember the most important parts and i dont, some parts are still implanted in my brain, vividly, other parts not so great, This story sounds to hard to believe, and thats what Iam to expect, the reason I wrote this message is to find other people with the same type of experince.
I feel ATS was the place where I could type my story with out recieving.. harsh... critism therefore this is the first time I have ever 'came out of the closet' with my story,
Thank you for taking the time to read this story.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
thanks for sahring that story AzzammazzA, but i think we have strayed way too far from the subject of this thread.
the question is if you were nostradamus in his era and you could see the future, how would you know the difference from a movie and real life, how can we be sure he did not see the wrong reality and in turn caused us to make that movie

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
thanks for sahring that story AzzammazzA, but i think we have strayed way too far from the subject of this thread.
the question is if you were nostradamus in his era and you could see the future, how would you know the difference from a movie and real life, how can we be sure he did not see the wrong reality and in turn caused us to make that movie

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Im sorry i'm new to ats, I guess I should have scrolled down a bit more to find ancient and lost civilizations. I agree with helen on the subject that the omen was just a marketing ploy. That film could have been finished last year and the 'people' could have just with held the release date, but who knows maybe not. I have yet to watch the omen.

And what ever about the story, im suprised I didnt get somthing like "what are you nuts" or somthing to that effect, thanks for the positive feed back razor regardless I was very eccentric about my story but I guess there was no other way about explaining it,
CHEERS

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ive always wondered WHAT he say precisley to make him express his visions.

was his flash back looking through the eyes of some kid watching FOX and CNN during the bombing campaign

This sure as hell looks like a holy city burning to me, isnt that wat nostradamous said, when the holy city is burning?

He alos said the last great war would be a war like NO OTHER.

Well, this is a war like no other.
We are fighting an enemy, that cant be identified, he wears no uniform, he has no commander. He simply appears everytime death is around.
How can we be at a war with a term?
This is definately like no other war.

And think about it this way,
back in his day, concrete buildings, electricity, and all that never existed.
So when he saw a gigantic concrete structure, with a twin next it, ideally for a basic time period it would resemble two brothers.

I think nostradamous was SPOT ON.

The anti christ is meant to be someone that is supported, then turns evil.

Well, again if i happened to be looking at a fox news broadcast through a childs eyes in a vision, and saw the election results of 2000, 2004, to see bush waving his hand smiling with people clapping, id say hey.. he looks like he has support.
he's on TV all the time, always looking smart, with flags and distinguised people around him..

Maybe its just wishful thinking, because this world is killing itself QUICK. through climate control and religion, until we have a major conflict where these two major aspects of humanity are worked out.

We are going to continue killing each other, killing the planet.. and never coming up with a solution,

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The third 'antichrist' was 'Mabus.'

Simon Magus, read about him in the book of Acts, 11:8 if I recall (could be wrong but it is in that vicinity).

Representative of man--the 'man of sin' (which we all are until we defeat that satan who stares back at us from our bathroom mirror)--who thinks God can be bought--denies God is within.

Because once you kill your satan inside, then your god-seed starts to sprout...but if you refuse to see him, he will devour you.

And the seed within yourself grows like a weed! But let it grow! It is a precious red red rose and God will 'pluck' it when it's time!

We sell no wine before it's time, folks!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I watched this 'Nostradamus' movie a long time ago, about the time of the first gulf war -- 1991, but the movie is still older from 1981.

The striking thing about the movie of course was that it predicted the 1989 california earthquake and the war with middle east starting in the 90's aka. the gulf war. But the thing i remember most clearly was the prediction "... eventually despite all efforts he will get New york...." and they go on to visualize the predictions as a bunch of missles flying in and hitting new york. 9/11??? two airplanes coming in and hitting newyork, indicating the start of the war.

They did get the timescale off by a couple of years... which is acceptable i think. Another prediction was that, this was would continue for 27 years, and would demoralize the free world before a joint united effort would end it.

Interesting. I was always sceptical of such predictions, because you never come to know of them before the event. This time i was proven wrong...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemsius
I watched this 'Nostradamus' movie a long time ago, about the time of the first gulf war -- 1991, but the movie is still older from 1981.

The striking thing about the movie of course was that it predicted the 1989 california earthquake and the war with middle east starting in the 90's aka. the gulf war. But the thing i remember most clearly was the prediction "... eventually despite all efforts he will get New york...." and they go on to visualize the predictions as a bunch of missles flying in and hitting new york. 9/11??? two airplanes coming in and hitting newyork, indicating the start of the war.

They did get the timescale off by a couple of years... which is acceptable i think. Another prediction was that, this was would continue for 27 years, and would demoralize the free world before a joint united effort would end it.

Interesting. I was always sceptical of such predictions, because you never come to know of them before the event. This time i was proven wrong...

i saw a special on edgar casey once i think it was on discovery, and one of the prophecies he made was that two twin brothers would be brought down. in contrast when 9/11 happened i immediatly thought well that was what he meant. but the thing about prohpecies is that they can be made to fit any event.
take this for example, i predit someone will win the lottery in the not too distant future.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
with all the end of days movies set to come out it reallly makes me wonder if i was nostra... and i really didnt know what i was looking at maybe i was picking up movies on my water bowl or whatever and i saw these things then i might think they are real events

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670
The prediction of cheiro for a third world war only after 400 to 450 years from now based on the precission of equinox moving through Aquarius-capricorn in retrograde motion there will be un-civilised attitudes of humanbeings as the uranus vibration of revolution will be there.People will be more greedy ,passionate erratic sexual urge all pointing to the War of Armaggadon ending in heavy loss and at the end all will realise what is love and affection in understanding the intelligentia of God of nature.The light and electricity theory will be re-evaluated based on the new line of thought ,the old acoustic theory and Mayan ,chaldean astronomy and coded graphics will be decoded .the nuclear war will be using typical laser weapons ,blackhole and bosonova bombs will be used ,laser biostimulated instruments of virus inducing and killer waves will be used.but final undersatnding of the omni present god nature will be realised after a devasting experience.Genetic robots willl take part in the war with unmanned aircrafts operated by remote sensing units.
S.Nandakumar alias [email protected] and gmail.com

top topics

join