It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Recession Coming? When Bernanke Speaks The Stock Market Trembles!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
After his speach the market closed DOWN 200 PTS ... down 600Pts in just the last month!

For those of you who don't watch know the situation the the American Dollar is facing, here is MORE BAD NEWS! Fed Chairman, Ben Bernanke who took over for Retired Alan Greenspan...spoke today to the bankers about the economy... He said they were going to continue to Raise interest rates...despite only 75,000 new jobs created last month. He basically said that high fuel costs are causing inflation and they going to raise the rates rather than let the dollar slide... the problem is that high rates and low growth = STAGFLATION! Which is WAY worse than just inflation...and could lead to a long recession...

READ THE ARTICLE ... Its From a Credible Source ... CNNMoney...

money.cnn.com...

Here are some Quotes for you people affraid of clicking on things...

"Low economic growth combined with rising inflation is lethal for the stock market," said Michael Metz, chief investment strategist at Oppenheimer.

"A stagflation scenario, where you've got [economic] slowdown and inflation, is what you'll hear people talking about in the coming days and weeks," said Larry Peruzzi, senior equity trader at Boston Company Asset Management.

Does Anyone Else Wonder Why the FED Decided To HIDE their M3 Money Supply Report back in March? Are they hiding the coming inflation from us???

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Its a slow down on the Global Ecomony.

(check out the Economy section on PTS, there is a thread in there about this aswell)

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
just another fine by product of globalisation.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Its a slow down on the Global Ecomony.

(check out the Economy section on PTS, there is a thread in there about this aswell)

Not Really ... The Thing is Every Country Friend or Foe Has to Have US Dollars to trade for Oil...Its called the Petro Dollar... So if there is a slow down in America... then there will be a slow down in the rest of the world... also since we are the biggest consumers in the world.

The Thing is on June 10th the Rubble becomes a viable alternitive to the Dollar... and because the Dollar is Falling the "Friends and Foe's" Could Abandon the Dollar in order to save their own economies... and those dumped dollars would come back to america... and then you got Hyper Inflation if China and Japan do it!

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Where2Hide:

You may enjoy these as background reading

Russia Tentatively Approves Ban on Dollar, Euro.

Petrodollar Warfare and

The Plunge Protection Team

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Where2Hide:

You may enjoy these as background reading

Russia Tentatively Approves Ban on Dollar, Euro.

Petrodollar Warfare and

The Plunge Protection Team

Thank You... I work close to the equities market and know a thing or two about a thing or two. These Threads that you have chosen are GREAT Back-Ground Material for the 600 pt loss that the American Economy has been facing since May 1.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

The Thing is on June 10th the Rubble becomes a viable alternitive to the Dollar... and because the Dollar is Falling the "Friends and Foe's" Could Abandon the Dollar in order to save their own economies... and those dumped dollars would come back to america... and then you got Hyper Inflation if China and Japan do it!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
makes you wonder why the financial advisors of cheney & bush are betting against the dollar value doesnt it? do they know something you dont?...

articles.moneycentral.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't understand your chart... America and Americans hold most of the National Debt... but China and Japan are the 2 leading foreign countries. I know America is not going to dump the dollar...that would be stupid...its their dollar! But China and Japan do not have to go through this period of a declining dollar... they can convert to a different currency. Starting June 10th is the 1st time the Dollar will ever have competition on the world market for the Oil Exchange... Thanks to Vladamir Putin! The Ruble is on its way up... the dollar on its way down. So instead of all of these foreign countries Losing Value of their debt holdings and reserves they can accually see their Value Appreciate over the next few years in the Russian Rubble.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I don't understand your chart... America and Americans hold most of the National Debt... but China and Japan are the 2 leading foreign countries. I know America is not going to dump the dollar...that would be stupid...its their dollar! But China and Japan do not have to go through this period of a declining dollar... they can convert to a different currency. Starting June 10th is the 1st time the Dollar will ever have competition on the world market for the Oil Exchange... Thanks to Vladamir Putin! The Ruble is on its way up... the dollar on its way down. So instead of all of these foreign countries Losing Value of their debt holdings and reserves they can accually see their Value Appreciate over the next few years in the Russian Rubble.

The Chinese and others can't dump the US debt they currently have without taking a bath. They Bought when the Dollar was stronger which means if they sell now they loose money.

As for the Rubble Bourse its irrelevant, The dollar isn't strong because its used to buy oil, the dollar is used to buy oil because of its historic strength and stabillity.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShazamsChampion

The Chinese and others can't dump the US debt they currently have without taking a bath. They Bought when the Dollar was stronger which means if they sell now they loose money.

As for the Rubble Bourse its irrelevant, The dollar isn't strong because its used to buy oil, the dollar is used to buy oil because of its historic strength and stabillity.

where is your strength and stability now?

...Here's how I see it. Over the Next 5 Years the Dollar Falls and the Rubble makes healthy but not incredible gains...depends on trade with neighbor China.
Yes Or No??? Would Foriegn Nations who currently hold Dollars Make money by converting to the Rubble before inflation hits the american economy, preventively. If they still liked the dollar, then they could buy it back at its lowest point, and profit from the trade.

The Dollar ACTUALLY having competion scares the crap out of me... but there are still GREAT investments out there, so i wouldn't say my consumer confidence is down... but it is harder to find the diamonds in the rough. Their is Talk of Asia Forming 1 currency in a Union block like the Euro...The Rest of the World wants an Alternative to the Dollar. I believe that We are in the months of Dollar World Supremacy.

The reason the other nations want an alternative is because 1. Our Aggressive Foreign Policy, and World Rule Make/Breaker... Reason 2. The National Debt, Inflation, and Trade Imbalances & rising interest rates are going to cause a slow down of the economy.

new topics

top topics

join