It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wii-Mote Mania (Nintendo Wii informational Thread)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Here's a cool video I found that demonstrates how the Wii-mote will be used in a few games (inluding Zelda!).

Exploring The Wii

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
250 is just the suggested price. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit less.(after the new year)

Sony is just forcing you to buy a Betamax---erm Bluray with your Gameconsole.

Oh, and Murc, XBox 1 didn't have non-volatile flash memory/drive or a physics chip...

[edit on 15-9-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The Wii arrives in Europe on December 9 and will cost £179 or 249 euros, with games costing £34 to £39 or 49 to 59 euros.
I'm looking forward to ordering mine!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
The Wii arrives in Europe on December 9 and will cost £179 or 249 euros, with games costing £34 to £39 or 49 to 59 euros.
I'm looking forward to ordering mine!!!

Hell yeah. December 9 will be a grand day!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
360 got bashed when it came out.

Sony has been getting bashed a lot in the past month.

But not to much Wii Bashing.

But there is some...
So far there has been 2 Wii dissapointments.
1.Its not going to be region free.
2. No dvd playback.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I like the fact that there is no DVD playback. It would have added 50 bucks a unit.

As for the region-free thing, read this.

wii.ign.com...

The news follows contradictory comments made by Perrin Kaplan, Nintendo of America's Vice President of Marketing and Affairs, which IGN reported on yesterday.

I don't want to hear the arms who can't hear the other speak or think, I want to hear it from the head office in Japan.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I like the fact that there is no DVD playback. It would have added 50 bucks a unit.

what?!
You can buy a stand alone dvd player for under that.

I think they are overcharging for there console as is, for the $250 price tag should have dvd play back included.

I remember when the 360 came out they priced everything in it (what Microsoft is paying for it). And it was like 2 to 3 hundred more then they are selling it for. I would like to see that type of breakdown on the wii. I think they are going to make money on every console sold from day 1...because they are using 5 year old tech.

BTW, elitegamer...that big question: graphics or fun. my answer is both.

A next gen console should have much better graphics, and the games will still be fun...but hopefully the game developers will really take the power of the system and do more with it.

The Wii...Looks interesting...But Nintendo is widely known as a kiddie game company. They just dont have enough games that really warrant the expense.

QUESTION: doesn't the Wii have a disc slot load config? I assumed it was for dvd...what kind of disc are they putting there games on???

[edit on 16-9-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The virtual console is a bit of a let down. Is it something like £5 for a Snes\N64 game? You can play almost EVERY snes and N64 game ever made on the PC, for free, so paying the odd fiver for something that will be fun for a few minutes isn't going to appeal to anyone who's ever used an emulator.

I don't know how the "always on" connection to the net will work exactly, but it sounds like it could be a great idea if the game developers take advantage of it.

The steering wheel...just doesn't look like it will feel good. I might be wrong, but a hovering, lightweight wheel seems like it would be unusable for real driving games. It's a nice idea, to save costs and make it easy to distribute, but it doesn't look like it will be anywhere near as good as the "proper" steering wheels you can buy for current gen consoles. It might be a bit of fun with Mario Kart, we'll have to wait and see.

I had high hopes for the Wii, probably too high, most announcements have been dissapointing and nothing has yet got me thinking "I must get a Wii". It looks like a bit of fun, but not a barrell of fun. I guess it will depend on how many really good ideas for games they can come up with in the future. And I hope to god that they haven't messed up Mario anymore than they did with "Sunshine", it doesn't look good, it looks far too similar to a level called "Mad Space" from "Sonic Adventure 2", one of the most frustrating and downright bad areas ever made in a game. But I'll reserve judgement till December 9th.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by chebob]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
all lyssie has to add is

Rember the Virtual Boy???????????????????????????????????/

HA HA HAH AHA AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHA OMZZ HAHAH LOL LAWL HA HA HA

kthx.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The virtual boy was taken off the market due to retina damage. Remembering the 3DO is more apt.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i miss the 3DO as well

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i still have the 3do in my closet, along with star control 2( one of the greatest games ever) and all the wing commanders.

oh yeah my 3do sits right next to my ps1 and ps2.

peace

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think this is a more current gun type of attachment for First Person Shooters, for the wii.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What do you guys think about wii sports being packaged with the console??
I have seen footage ( A 20 minute trailer at gamespot from the US press lauch ) of the tennis, bowling, baseball and boxing, does any one know what others sports are in the wii sports game??
Theres a new trailer out for Red Steel at gamespot which I thought was really good.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Kurokage]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Man that gun looks slick. I love how they incorporate the wii-mote into the handle. I expect the handle to cost 20-25 bucks(based on the 20 dollar estimate of the Nunchuck essesory) which isn't bad.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by sardion2000

what?!
You can buy a stand alone dvd player for under that.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by Murcielago]

It's the license dude. The MPAA has a model the upps the price for consoles versus DVD players for some inane reason(which is par for the course for them as far as I'm concerned), just think, 50 bucks times 6 million Wii units(by end of year) is a lot of cash just to give Nintendo the right to use the decoder. I'm glad they opted out. No Movie label leash to deal with then.

As for the reasony why you can get cheap dvd players, well that is because the manufacturers of said cheap DVD players never paid the MPAA and are unreachable by their lawyers. Nintendo is not and must comply.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
wii sports will have golf, tennis, baseball, bowling , and boxing. wowwy that game alone will be fun as hell. the wii is going to become part of every families living room.

Originally posted by Murcielago
360 got bashed when it came out.

Sony has been getting bashed a lot in the past month.

But not to much Wii Bashing.

But there is some...
So far there has been 2 Wii dissapointments.
1.Its not going to be region free.
2. No dvd playback.

who doesnt already own a dvd players. i have one in my bedroom, one in my living room, one in my closet. oh yeah almost forgot , i have a ps2 in my closet so that makes 2 dvd players in my closet.

i dont know how any sonyfanboy coud claim any sports game with stellar graphics would own such an interactive sports game like wii sports. who wants to push buttons to hit a golfball , box , hit a baseball , or a tennis ball . the wii mote is supposed to be so sensitive that a simple flick of your wrist will put topspin on the tennis ball. that is EXACTLY how you do it in real life. the days of watching the dang golf circle meter are over!

thank you nintendo.

of course the xbox and ps3 wiill try their hardest to mimic such an inovative idea. just the fact sony had a 6 axis controller at the e3 expo shows the wiimote is the future.

sonyfanboys, you dont have to admit you are getting a wii, but i know you will be enjoying it.

peace

[edit on 19-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You know im sensing a little nintendo fanboydom from you. Who are you to bash a system that hasnt come out yet. You know the nintendo wii is an awesome system yes, but it also hasnt come out yet. I like the wii-mote its a great idea, BUT, the question is, will they have the support of gamers. Gamecube was also an awesome console, but there was a real lack of good games. So there, stop judging a console that hasnt come out yet. Also stop talking about all of these "sony fanboys" if youre a nintendo fanboy, with your wii glorification and your ZELDA AVATAR.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I Actually thought it was the Controller that brought the Doldrums to the Gamecube initally as well as the styling(not so anymore, they are selling rather well atm at 99 bucks apiece, with the promise of interoperability), and they GC never really died. There is a loyal and quite large fanbase out there that has made the system profitable for Nintendo(which at the end of the day is the overarching goal).

As for your comment of their being no reason to bash the PS3, I disagree.

Unlike the 360 bashing, which I thought was totally unwarrented and unfair(after I tried it out that is, I was skeptical like everyone else I'll admit), the PS3 has many attributes that leave much to be desired.

The two-tiered pricing model is a bit stupid, at least the way they did it.

I could see having two prices for a system with games and two controllers versus one that just has one controller and no games, but to price it by capability? And then charge out the ass for the right to upgrade if you chose the wrong box(they slightly "cheaper" one that is) is just asinine.

Another idiotic decision made by Sony is the inclusion of Blu-Ray technology. This was obviously a forced additon at the behest of the Sony Music/Movies bigwigs.
Basically you're buying what is attempting to be a Console/PC hybrid, with uberly drool-worthy specs and looks pretty slick but is insanely expensive.

In Canada the price for the "Deluxe" package is likely to top 1000 dollars after taxes). And then there is the games.

Not one game on the PS3 looks even remotely innovative or even close to photorealism to make me interested in plunking down that kind of money for just a console.

If I want to spend a thousand dollars to aid my gaming habbit, I might as well just buy a 1000 dollar SLI Graphics card for my computer, or two 40 Gig Flash Harddrives, or .. . etc etc and buy the 360 and Wii when I can afford it.

Or I could just buy the Wii and 360 for the same price. It's really a no-brainer decision for me on a purely economic basis alone!?!

Also, why are people bashing the 40 dollar price tag for the Wii-mote? It has some fairly complex(and sensitive, ie error prone during assembly) sensors in there that add up in price rather quickly. If they priced the Nunchuck attachment at more then 25 dollars I will be shocked though, as that is supposed to just be a "shell/faceplate".

[edit on 19-9-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
You know im sensing a little nintendo fanboydom from you. Who are you to bash a system that hasnt come out yet.

im sorry point out where i bashed any system. its no secret that the other 2 systems are moving towards motion sensitive controllers. the fact that you got so defensive over nothing makes me want to vomit.

to prove you dont know what you are saying ill post what i said 5 days ago on bts.

Originally posted by elitegamer23
ill admit , the ps3 will rock. the price is what turns me off.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

here ill also post something else i said the other day.

Originally posted by elitegamer23

i have many systems, snes, sega genesis, panasonic 3do, ps1, ps2 , xbox , dreamcast, nintendo 64, gamecube, gameboy ds lite.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

im simply using the term fanboy out of fun. relax !
why did i chose a zelda avatar, in 1987 i realized the fun potential in video games playing the legend of zelda. SO WHAT I HAVE LINK ON MY AVATAR. its a freaking avatar. and yes, i am a nintendo fanboy, so what. relax.

i have nothing but respect for anyone on ats/bts , and especially anyone who plays ANY GAMING SYSTEM.

i make fun of all my real life friends who like the cubs. why? because i like the cardinals. do i respect the fact they also like baseball? yes. do i look down on them because they like the cubs? no . its just friendly bickering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join