It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there are a charge of "inciting war"?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
With all the talk of warships being moved to the Persian Gulf, and much of that talk saying that talk being centred around a possible build up to an attack on Iran, could Bush be accused of inciting war whilst we are supposed to be carrying out peacefull negotiations?

Ok inciting war, inciting violence, it's pretty much the same only the latters consequences are a lot more severe, you wind someone up enough they'll bite sooner or later, and depending on the initial actions this could be viewed as inciting violence. What if the US gives other reasons for the ships being moved out there, and they end up being used on an attack on Iran? I'm by no means a supporter of Iran's nuclear projects, but you can't blame them if they get a bit riled at the prospect of warships approaching them can you? Not exactly a peacefull gesture is it? Yes i know they are'nt exactly helping matters either by refusing to halt enrichment before this post gets bashed lol.

CX.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

...........could Bush be accused of inciting war whilst we are supposed to be carrying out peacefull negotiations?

imho, No, GW Bush is not inciting war, as he is not larger than the office.

It is actually the Office Of The President which is simeotaneously

A: 'prepositioning military forces'=to avert a military confrontation
B: pushing for UN sanctions, to 'diplomatically' pressure Iran= to withdraw from its nuclear enrichment programs.

In the capacity of 'President', the jargon is; GW Bush is 'beating the war drums'
as opposed to 'inciting war'...

that kinda charge is basically only on an individual level, seeSedition here...to my interpetation both insurrection & sedition to incite war are charges brought upon individuals who are trying to overthrow their native land & govt.

[well, anyhow, its a clear distinction to me...]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What’s very disturbing here is that you automatically assume its Bush who is inciting war or violence.

-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad calls for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and that’s not inciting war to you?

-Iran flips the middle finger at every nation that has offered them a peaceful nuclear program and at the same time is buying and developing its own nuclear capable missiles in spite of the non proliferation act and that’s not inciting war to you?

-Iran all but admits it provides weapons, money, and bodies to the insurgents in Iraq and terrorists in Israel and that’s not inciting war in your eyes?

-Iran calls for the destruction of the west on a daily bases and that’s not inciting war?

Its your wholesale dismissal of any blame or fault that does not include the USA or Bush that is the problem here, you are blinded by hate driven agenda and it shows.

CX

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Its your wholesale dismissal of any blame or fault that does not include the USA or Bush that is the problem here, you are blinded by hate driven agenda and it shows.

Lol ok Skippy, your hit the roof OTT rants and accusations in your replies always give me a giggle!
Maybe i worded the initial post wrongly, but saying someone has a hate driven agenda is a bit strong don't you think? I asked this question because of the US warships being directed to the Persian Gulf, therefore yes i am referring just to the US in this question. Fair point made by yourself though, Iran is as guilty of this as anyone.

I just like to think that we won't always lower ourselves to other countries tactics thats all, and in the midst of so called "peacefull negotiations" i just wondered how the US sending warships to the area helps?

Peace Skippy

CX.

new topics

top topics

join