It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran calls Rice's offer "propoganda move"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
In what appeared to be a sudden shift in Paradigm the American Government, Via Secretary of State Condi Rice, offered to come to the table IF Iran met certain conditions. In a press release shortly after that offer, Iran's official news agency IRNA called that offer a "propoganda move".

tod ay.reuters.com
"Considering the insistence by officials of the Islamic Republic of Iran on continuing uranium enrichment, these remarks made by Rice can only be considered a propaganda move," the IRNA report said.

Iranian government officials, who have insisted in the past that Iran would not give up enrichment, had said late on Wednesday they had no immediate comment on the U.S. offer, which was a major policy shift by Washington.

IRNA added: "Obviously Iran will only accept those proposals and those conditions that preserve the nation's and the country's interests and definitely abandoning enrichment will not fulfil Iran's interests."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

When I saw this today i busted out laughing. It seems that right now the only countries willing to stand up to The American Regime are Venzuella and most notably Iran.

The fact that the national news agency comes out and calls it, imho this is true, for what it is, Propoganda. The US Gov is banking on the idea that if they make the Consessions too High Iran wont aquiese and at the same time they, they being the US, get to say that they tried the diplomatic route if and when they attack.

Iran is playing right into DOD contractors hands. By coming out calling it Propoganda they are ensuring that the American Government has plently of political fodder to use to convince the American People that we need to attack Iran before they attack us.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 12/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would say that by not engaging in discussion on the issue that Iran is giving the US every reason to attack it.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think that thats the Idea. The American government wants to make it look liek they tried every available option before giong to war...they dont have the political capital this time to just go to war on preconcieved misconceptions.

By making Iran an Offer they knew Iran would refuse they have essentailly nailed diplomacy to the wall in an attempt to appear non-draconian.

Great political strategy by the WH...

new topics

join