It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could predict and prevent major disasters would you?

page: 1

join
share:
xn

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I was talking to a bunch of people and I was curious to know if they would try and help prevent major disasters if they knew about it before it happened. Most said no cuz they didn't want to interfere with time. But if you could predict these events, there's a reason why you could do this. I just find it hard to believe that after what happens, people still wouldn't do anything if they could.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
well first off, i dont think that it would interfere with the flow of time, 'cause it's not like you would be able to stop anything from happening in the first place. the most you could do is warn people about it, and unless you have the science to back you up, they'll probably think you are crazy. i also don't think time would become so fragile when it came to you attempting to prevent an impending disaster from occuring. if you have the ability to predict such a thing, then i'm pretty sure time would be ready for such a thing. that is if time actually exists or not. grr... now you got me wanting to start a debate on time!
anyways, perhaps i will.... perhaps i will...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well you cant really interfere with fate as it is inevitable, but i'm not going to go into that little pandoras box of paradoxes.

I probably would try and prevent it, just like any other sane human.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
fate is just the outcome of whatever the hell we choose to do in the NOW, so what does it matter? well, it might be telling us that we have no free will/choice, or that we are made to think we do, when we actually don't.
but then again, i dont believe in fate, call that my naive belief in my own supposed free will or whatever, it matters not. i dont believe in it because i dont have to.
cheers

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If you could predict and possibly prevent major disasters would anyone listen to you?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I wouldnt, by choice, want to predict them, whether or not I wasd able to =(

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think that most people wouldn't even listen if a person could do this, but at least I'd try to get the word out and try to minimalize losses.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you know/feel something BIG is going to happen post it here....

then save the link somewere safe... mybe on a floopy disk.....

and also print it and save the webpage so incase the post gets deleted. Make sure you put the freaking date on it and mybe give a copy to a freand

new topics

top topics

join