It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

short term vs. long term suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
what? what the hell is this guy talking about? i'll tell you what i'm talking about. what i want to know is why our society has allowed "long term suicide" but not "short term suicide". when i say short term suicide, i'm talking about killing yourself there and then (with whatever method you want). and by long term, i'm talking about things like smoking (mainly smoking anyways). we all know that smoking will eventually kill you, right? so then why do we allow it? just because it can take a bit longer? so it's a matter of time now is it? i personally beleive in personal choice (but that's just me.) but isn't this a little contradictory? the fact that we will allow people to kill themselves overtime, but not instantly. i've come to the conclusion that it's all about the profit they receive from it (ie; cigarettes). would this short term suicide be legal if they could make money from it? because it's obvious that they loose it when they do die (can't buy if your dead).

i am fully aware that the people here will have mixed views about suicide, but what do you all think about this? i've found it kinda interesting and sad at the same time.

-peace

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
1 bullet 1 time?
A pack a day for 30 years?

Its all about the cash.

join