It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sam Alito Votes As Predicted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
A Sad Day For America

Today, May 30, the US Supreme Court announced the first decisions that included the new AJ Sam Alito.

The major case involved whether a “whistelblower” could sue for damages when the employer - the US in this case - retaliated by firing the employee. Talk about transparency! Talk about walking the walk. Geo W Bush, you stink!

True to every predication of his judicial badness, Sam Alito promptly aligned with the Gang of Four to make it the Gang of Five. Five mean old men who will now rule America! For 25 years! Fundamentalist Judges who will want to take America BACK to the 19th century. Goodby Sandra Day O'Connor. We'll miss you (a lot).

NO, said Sam, you have no rights before this court!

With which bad decision Sam joins in with the Chief Justice Roberts who said, Yea, that’s telling them Sam. And of course, the Mafia's judge, AJ Antonin Scalia, and the black cannibal, AJ Clarence Thomas.

Why oh God, have you done this do your people who love you so much?

Just think, our future is in the hands of

The Gang of Five
John Roberts
Antonin Scalia
Clarence Thomas
Sam Alito and
Anthony Kennedy

All Republican appointees. You guys who voted GOP are getting paid back. But so are we who did not act so dumb. Ugh!

[edit on 5/30/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Do you need a makeover..?? Will it help. I feel your pain!!!

This has been coming for a long time. Do not dispair.

I dont agree with alot of what our court system does. For years now. Our courts have not been acting in the best intrest of the American People. We will see this continued with this court on certain issues. They will make it clear as to whose intrests they are acting.

Join the club Don White. WAtch the circus unfold.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted by orangetom1999

I feel your pain! This has been coming for a long time. I don’t agree with a lot of what our court system does. For years our courts have not been acting in the best interest of the American people. We will see this continued with this court on certain issues. They will make it clear as to whose interests they are acting. Join the club Don White. Watch the circus unfold. Thanks,

Orangetom [Edited by Don W]

Well, OT99, it is true I had it my way from 1954 until 1981. RR, with the elevation of Rehnquist to CJ and the appointment of O’Connor who was then regarded as a right winger, followed on by Kennedy, Scalia and Geo 41's judicial coup d’etat Thomas, none of which three could even spell “left,” it was all over. Sandra Day O’Connor could not truck the violent judicial philosophy of the others and became the swing vote. Which with some irony endeared a right winger into the hearts of us left wingers. Hey we were learning to be grateful for even tiny blessings, but Geo 43 has slammed the door on any hopes of that. Murder in the Courtroom! Roberts and Alito. Gone are Moderation. No more Extension of individual rights. Deny Easy access to courts by the poor. Little Protection of our hard won civil liberties. And etc.

I predict history will compare this Roberts Court with the Tany Court of the 1836-1864 era. America was lucky or fortunate to have had 2 great CJs in a row, Warren and Burger. We will all miss them. All the more now.

OTOH, I guess we can eventually unmuck anything this band of backward looking proteges of the rich and famous and judicial neo-cons can muck up. Perhaps we’ll lose a half century in an era when we may not have that much time to squander. But what the hey? If you vote Republican, this is what you get. Enjoy!

[edit on 5/31/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sorry olde man..but I dont vote republican. I vote my conscience..and my conscience is not always with the republicans..nor the democrats either.

I dont have much faith in the two party system anymore. I believe they are both more intrested in their soverign fiefdom and maintaining their power base than the buisness of the American public. This situation with the Illegal Aliens will clear up the intent of both partys ...to those of us who can think beyond the next sound bite.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

join