It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is stopping you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Bare with me here...

Step one:

Pick up a pen/pencil.

Step two:

Move it with your mind.

(pause)

What is really stopping you?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The fact that it can't be done. 8 billion people on the planet and there's no documented evidence which stands up to testing.

That's what's stopping me.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Whats stopping me...

The laws of physics.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ok....I'll bite. Since the obvious has already been stated above...and I suspect there is a deeper meaning too your question, because you believe you cannot do it. People have been told there whole lives that this is impossible.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
that's what i thought i'd hear, but consider that we are capable of doing more. what if we've been told to believe that it cannot be done over and over, so many times that it only seems that way. would one ever be able to re-program their thought process, or has it been dug too deep? either way, just speculate with me here people!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
well nyeff, you posted just before i did, i mean this is the paranormal board, so yes i was implying more that what i put out. sorry if i didnt mention it.
anyways, just wanted to say that you got what i meant.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I guess you can look at it 2 ways.
1 way is that it is impossible. You can try it all you want,but it won't move until you pick it up. No mystery..its just the way things are.

2 Or you can try to "unlock" your subconscious and move it. And blame the failures on the bases that you haven't been able to "unlock" your mind. It is still possible...just haven't figured out how.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
well nyeff, you posted just before i did, i mean this is the paranormal board, so yes i was implying more that what i put out. sorry if i didnt mention it.
anyways, just wanted to say that you got what i meant.

No problems.......

Figured you were dancing around that line.

[Edited on 10/21/2003 by nyeff]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I understand your motive, DS...
Though I've never seen it done, much less done it myself, I'll meet you with with the following logic; Nothing is impossible, if you can imagine it, it can be done. I'm thinking; human imagination is always ahead of our actual abilities...(Da Vinci...Star Trek?) *s*
That is what drives us.

So with this in mind...What you're proposing, may dismissed as defying physics, but on the other hand, it may not be altogether impossible with a little wide angle lens perspective on our potential as a race....

Just my Euro 0.02...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, since step two is "pick up a pen/pencil", that makes it rather easy...Just use your mind to move your hand while the pen/pencil is still in it...
...Simplicity itself...

Okay, on a more somber note, there is a theory that "static reality" prevents you because that's the reality imposed upon the world by billions of minds that (mostly) all believe that it's telekinesis is impossible. The only people who can actually do it would be those whose will is strong enough to impose it's own paradigm upon "static reality" & alter its "physical laws" so that the object *can* be moved by sheer will.

This is a theory that most refer to as "negative vibes from non-believers" & is what makes it so hard for a telekinetic to perform while under observation.
--------------
Still, the (humorous) first method I mentioned works every time, because it stays within the parameters of "static reality" & it doesn't matter who is observing...

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I did it once. I got a stack of scribbling (consciously performed scribbling, as I was hoping it would form magic words). How long does it take to see results? Or are only certain people attuned to the spirit world? Or could it be that it is simply bunk?

Right now I don't have any pencils or paper sitting around, so its fairly impossible for me to do as of this moment.

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I really don't have the spare energy, frankly. there are times when I can barely get out of bed, let alone move pencils with my mind.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
www....-------------------------/library/religion/quantum-physics/

The Experiment
There's a famous quantum physics experiment called the "double-slit experiment," which was one of the first proofs that all this wacky stuff was actually true. In the double-slit experiment, you shine a light through a piece of cardboard with two small slits that allow the light to pass through. On the other side of the cardboard, is a piece of film. When the photon hits the film, it leaves a spot, so you can measure where the individual photons land.

Intuitively, this is pretty simple: One photon, two slits. The photon has to go through one or the other slit. So what you'd expect is to find a whole bunch of photons grouped near each of the slits, since the photons obviously went through either one slit or the other. And if you only have one slit, that's actually what you get, a clump of photons near the slit. THERE IS NO WAVE!

But when you have two slits, everything gets insane. Instead of two clumps, you get a pattern, as if a wave had simultaneously hit both slits, passed through and became two waves which interfered with each other. THERE IS A WAVE! BUT THERE ISN'T! There are only photons, one after another.

When the photon can only go through one slit (one possible course), there is only one photon traveling in a line. When there is more than one possibility, the single photon no longer exists; it becomes a wave of imaginary photons traveling along various possible paths. Nevertheless, when the photon eventually lands on the film, there's only one photon. If you only release one photon at a time, you still get the interference pattern, even though there's no possibility of more than one photon on the path at the same time.

The wave is a real thing. It affects where the photon lands. But the only way it can be real is if the photon actually exists in every possible place it could exist at the same time, which it clearly doesn't. But the experiment works in exactly the way described, which means all this is true. From this point, all bets are off. Once you accept the paradox that unrealized probabilities have a tangible existence, almost anything becomes possible.

Telekinesis
If you run the double-slit experiment explained above, but put a detector on each slit to determine for certain which slit the photon went through, the interference pattern disappears and you get the clumps of photons you would expect. In other words, the act of simply knowing which slit the photon went through changes the outcome of the experiment. Therefore, in principle (but not in currently imaginable practice), a specific state of mental knowledge could theoretically cause a change in physical states without direct interference.

Go to the link at the top to read about this in more detail.

So now what do you think? Are you setting the limits of what is Real and what is Possible?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well that quantum physics for you! Wierd stuff

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
test your own telekinese pactor..really nice site..
make that pendulem swing..!

www.fourmilab.ch...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I find it easier to make objects in motion stop...don't know why... It can be done... I've only been successful once with something as big as a pencil...and even then, it was only a slight turn, but still, it was enough to break my idea of reality... Maybe I won't be able to do anything real amazing, but perhaps my kids' kids will.... Just like any other muscle, my attitude is to exercise it, when I have the chance...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Do you feel that you could exponentially increase your abilities if only you had more free time?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The fact that there is nobody running around flying, and picking # up with their mental powers...

I'd take over this piece of crap planet if i had Psi powers.

I'd be unstoppable.

Sometimes I will be sitting outside and I imagine the wind blowing across me and it will change directions, NOW did I cause this?

Or I will be sitting there and I think of birds, within a few seconds they begin to chirp does this mean I have powers?

# if anyone can do that psi fireball energy ball why the hell aren't they on tv
OR
Just doing something USEFUL with their powers???

Just my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
well mOJOm, that was a very interesting article, i've never thought of that kinda thing before, kinda makes me wanna read more into that quantum stuff. anyone got any good book referrals about it?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The biggest trick to using psychic/psionic/majick powers of any kind seem to lie in the fact that you have to be able to believe in an alternate reality that allows you to perform such abilities. The biggest problem that people must face & overcome to succeed is to know *what* to believe & *how* to believe...Otherwise, you're stuck within the "static reality" that denies the existence of such phenomenon.

The "two slit" experiment mentioned already is just an indication of this basic "altered paradigm" theory...The theory was basically expressed a long time ago (I don't remember right off hand who figured it out or when). The basic theory is that "The beliefs of the observer have a measureable effect on the observed". In other words, whenever anyone tries to set up an experiment to observe the properties of a phenomenon, their beliefs (paradigm) will make the observed phenomenon confirm to their paradigm; This is why any type of demonstration of psychic power is adversely affected my a "negative-minded" observer.

In order to answer the original question...Most often, it is *you* stopping yourself or it's the person watching you that stops you...

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join