It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just one of those things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think a lot of people don't think much about it when they see an animal. Most people that see birds, don't know a lot about them, and won't notice if they see one that isnt 'discovered'. People just... dismiss things as "one of those things", or just figure other people have seen it and know about it, and has been studied, and their just too dumb or sheltered to know about it. My mom was fishing once, and she says a huge salamander was swallowing one of her fish, and was growling. ??? My aunt saw a thing in a creek by her house that had tentacals.

My apologies for mispelled words ahead of time. I did re-read my post, but I know they're there!

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have probably seen a species of something that has not yet been discovered but I wouldnt know!

Two stories

My mum caught a moth that had flown into her bedroom, it was brightly coloured with an array of colours including yellow and green. I myself didnt see the creature however she sent it off to a lab in Cambridge, England as she had never seen such a thing. Unfortunately it was an already discovered species.

When I was much younger, 8 or 9, I was playing down by the railway tracks, boys will be boys, in a huge pile of abandoned car and tractor tyres that we had arranged into a den. We had piled them up and made a small network of tunnels (hey we were bored, yeah I had a NES but the only games I had were Home Alone and Robocop!!!). Anyway as I was crawling through I saw something that made me rush out of the complex of tyres and never set foot in our rubber kingdom again.
Now what I saw I had never seen before and also have never seen anything like it since. It was all black, I would guess four inches or so long, quite bulky. It resembled a grasshopper or a locust however was jet black and had one distinguishable feature. Where locusts and grasshoppers backs seem to trail off and then finish bluntly this things rear end sort of pointed up brandishing what looked like a large spike. So picture a black grasshopper with a large spike on its rear end.
Now it would have been fairly dark in the rubber tunnels despite it being daylight and so what I saw could have been a normal grasshopper and the light reflected off the tyres making the insect appear black.
I dont know. I may post a new topic see if anyone knows what it is.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hey im kinda new here but i've been browsing through the site for a while and its seems to be pretty interesting...

Anyway, the thing you saw george_gaz was probably a Mole Cricket. Basicaly they are just creapy looking fata$$ crickets that live underground. Oh and they can fly too

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Sureiyaa]

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Sureiyaa]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hi there, thanks for replying and welcome Sureiyaa.
Nope its definately not a Mole Cricket but thanks for the interest. I have been doing some research but I dont know what it is yet.
Tose Mole Crickets are ugly things arent they. How the hell do those little wings lift that a$$ of the ground!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
What about this?

What is the location?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
When I was stationed in Georgia I was in my back yard one day and saw the biggest ant I had ever seen, It was an inch long and bright red. Now I'm usually a pretty bright guy and in nature bright colors mean I want you to see me because theres a good reason you should leave me alone, so what do I do? I grab it with my bare hand to take a better look at it. Thats the day I discovered the female of a species of wingless wasp that are also known as Red Velvet Ants or in some places Cow Killer Ants. this thing must have stung my hand half a dozen times before I could drop it. On the up side I'm now a little smarter, well at least smart enough not to do that twice....

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
We have those here in Oklahoma. Another rule of thumb regarding bugs is: If it looks fuzzy, don't touch.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
mud, do you think the thing in the creek may have been a catfish?

George, black scorpion?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I was thinking it was probably about the same thing. The pics above are of a Whip Scorpion. Sounds like a likely canidate. And I would almost bet money that the thing in the creek was a catfish.

new topics

top topics

join