It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Titanic Ever Be Beat At The Box Office?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I was wondering if the movie Titanic will ever be beat at the box office. Titanic made $600,788,188 (U.S. box office).

This is the top five highest grossing movies:

All Time Box Office (U.S.)

1 Titanic, Paramount Pictures $600,788,188

2 Star Wars, 20th Century Fox $460,998,007

3 Shrek 2, DreamWorks SKG $441,226,247

4 E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Universal Pictures $435,110,554

5 Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, N/A $431,088,301

Here is the Top 150 Highest Grossing Movies (U.S. box office).

You can see there is quit a big gap between the 2 highest grossing movies, Titanic and Star Wars. $139,790,181 to be exact.

I do think Titanic will eventually be beat. But I think it will be a long time before it is beat out of the #1 spot. Do you think Titanic will ever be beat for the #1 spot at the box office?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think eventually it will be beaten, just due to inflation. I don't think it will be beaten for quite a long time, though, unless someone comes out with a really amazing movie in the next few years. At least Star Wars is #2, the star wars movies are my favourites of all time.

Maybe someday I should actually see Titanic... I've still never seen it, believe it or not. (yes I am serious about that) I read somewhere that the boat sinks, so I didn't bother...

Just for fun, I counted all the movies I've seen on that top 150 list... I've actually seen 59 of them, which is surprising, since I don't watch a lot of TV or movies.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ive seen 80 but Ive also never seen Titanic.

Frankly I dont know how it grossed so much, you already know the ending

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I decided to count how many of them I've seen and I've seen 77 of them.

It made a lot of money in the U.S. box office. But check out how much it made World-Wide:
Top World-Wide Grossings

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i think that there will be a movie in the next few years to beat it.

i also counted up how many of the movies i've seen, and i'm at 111
. never reallyu thought of myself as much of a movie buff, i mean i know tons of people who watch more than me. but hey, looks like i've seen the most so far.

join