It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. And U.K. To Share More Intel, Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
www.allheadlinenews.com...

whats all this about?? - its all over google news.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Its a logical step IMHO, Using the the computer network to access military and intelligence information.

Good to hear about the JSF aswell the UK should be able to upgrade and maintain the JSF if they truely are a partner in the program.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well I have to say its about time!!!!!!
Weve been Americas closest allie for decades now, and when all the hastle over the JSF started it made me really angry to be honest. Lets hope this brings our nations even closer, as it will benfit both sides.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well I'm glad to finally see some more sharing between the US and our good friends in Britain. They've always been there for us and I'm quite happy to see increased cooperation.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Well I have to say its about time!!!!!!
Weve been Americas closest allie for decades now, and when all the hastle over the JSF started it made me really angry to be honest. Lets hope this brings our nations even closer, as it will benfit both sides.

Couldnt agree more, infact id like to see more co operation between our countries regarding reasearch and development.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What do you guys think the UK and US should do next, what do you think are the main benfits to this agreement?

Would you like to see more of a combined R&D for future weapon systems, maybe a new MBT, or more intergration of existing technologies?

I think on an intelligence front we already have a structure there, with the UK and US listening posts already sharing some intel and staff (GCHQ springs to mind!!). I cant see it being to difficult to increase this co-operation between agencies.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by Kurokage]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I also think it's about time for closer ties between the US and UK. As an American the British have been allies through and through for us and have resources that we do not and vice versa. Hopefully the more information shared the better.

Kurokage - "What do you guys think the UK and US should do next, what do you think are the main benfits to this agreement?"

What we should do next is incorporate Australia into a similar deal. This would expand our "Area of Influence." The US, UK, and Au have shared similar values and visions for the last hundred years or so and the closer we stand with each other in the future the easier our oposition will fall.

"Would you like to see more of a combined R&D for future weapon systems, maybe a new MBT, or more intergration of existing technologies?"

Yes, however hopefully this falls under the intelligence/weapons systems already put forth. I would be cautious in combining ALL "Black" projects with our allies. For the simple fear of having people on 3 different continents know about the same project, hence, it might be easier for the info to be leaked.

Also, if we combine "Projects" with the UK and AU will this help the creativity of the project or hurt it. Here is why I ask. If we combine the project than we will only have one group of people(1 team) working on it. While this will probably save a great deal of money it might result in a worse final product than if we had each of the three countries with its own team working on it(3 teams). Competition usually makes for better work, would combining R&D teams into 1 shared team make for better or worse competition?

Final question, do we take the setup that saves us the most money?
Or the setup that produces the best final product?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Some good points Low Orbit.

I hadn't thought about the Black world (I agree, it would be very difficult to secure any project). I was thinking more about parallel projects or research, sharing any info already gained saving reasearch budgets!!!
The UK, US, AU and CA already have an agreement to share intel, it should just be expanded upon which is difficult considering departmentalization of info and the need to know.
The other worry with the sharing of more intel, would one country spy on anothers
citizens at that country's request thus getting around certain laws and rights?

your final question is difficult to answer as the military tend to do both, you hope for a good balance between cost and effectiveness IMHO

[edit on 30-5-2006 by Kurokage]

top topics

join