It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will it fly???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I wanted to ask about something... In one of my favorite games, acecombat zero there are 3 fictional aircraft. One would probably fly, another borderline, and the other I doubt seriously. Respectively they are the x-02 wyvern, the adfx-01 morgan, and the adf-01 FALKEN. Could you look up some pictures and tell me if they would fly and how well. I'm pretty sure the x-02 would but the adfx-01 I am not sure about...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The ADFX-01 Morgan would clearly fly, With enough thrust you could fly a brick
So its really just a matter of how much thrust it would need to fly.

How well it would fly is hard to say without testing the shape. Just looking at it I would think it would fly pretty well IMO. It looks alot like the Su-37 which seemed to fly just fine.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Fly? You can make anything fly! All you need are big engines and FBW.

That should answer yourquestion.

Now, are they aerodynamically stable? Pfft, no. That's what makes them so dang manueverable.

Yeah, they will all fly.

They actually look more stable than the F-22 and F-117.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
How about YOU find some pictures and then maybe everyone here will be able to answer your question better.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
They actually look more stable than the F-22 and F-117.

Instability is the cornerstone of the F-22's maneuverability. It's the main reason it needs such a complex flight computer to control its flight and avoid death by explosion and flying shrapnel. Need to avoid a missile? Let the plane basically flip out.

As for the F-117 I can't believe that thing flies. It's like a black brick that can FLY and I still wonder why it has the F designation. Ain't no way short of dropping a lucky bomb that it can take out an enemy aircraft without being destroyed.

Posted by ShadowXIX
With enough thrust you could fly a brick

The Bell X-1 was basically a guy sitting on a rocket

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Dark, I know that the more unstable an airframe is, the more manueverable, I did cover that.

I was just saying that the F-22 looks more unstable than the other fantasy designs. With the exception to the Falken.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Basically, if it has a way to produce lift, propulsion and some kind of system for controlling the aircraft, it will fly. With the advanced Fly-By-Wire Technology that is in use today, stability can be artificially created using a computer. This is why designs like the F-117, B-2, and F-22 work.

In other words, if it has the fallowing:

1. A source of lift
2. A source of Propulsion
3. Some kind of control system

The answer is a resounding Yes!

Tim

[edit on 30-5-2006 by ghost]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by futureafter
How about YOU find some pictures and then maybe everyone here will be able to answer your question better.

This was the only picture I could find of the ADFX-01 Morgan in this wikipedia article.

en.wikipedia.org...

The ADF-01 Falken appears to be the more radical design. This is the only picture I could find of that aircraft and its not the greatest picture.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ive only played AC4 and the most radical plane I got in that game was the SU-37. So these pics are all Ive seen of these planes.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The ADFX-01 Morgan would clearly fly, With enough thrust you could fly a brick
So its really just a matter of how much thrust it would need to fly.

How well it would fly is hard to say without testing the shape. Just looking at it I would think it would fly pretty well IMO. It looks alot like the Su-37 which seemed to fly just fine.

yeah... it is a bit like the su-37... kinda got the back cut off in the middle... and the fsw... and different jets... which are huge to solve the thrust problem... but I was wondering... speed? manuverability? how would it perform.
They screwed up the x-02... It used to be all kool... now its ugly... towards the front... used to be stealthish.... now not... looks like mig-29 on front... ugly... so does morgan.. but it looks good on morgan... cockpit is too tall too.... oh and by the way.. You unlock the x-02 with s rank on all missions... how is the su-37 how is the f-22 more unstable than the morgan but not falken... they are the same plane... just different nose... morgan is not in ac4... only x-02, falken shows up in ac5, then in acz is morgan... which pwns both... would it work well... what about x-02 wyvern... and I know their unstable... obvious... pleas elaborate... what would they be able to do... as in compared to other aircraft??? And isn't the f-117 a flying wing+ more wings... The shape itself produces lift... and shadow... I would pwn u in vs mode.... I r teh ace... yay 1337speek.... Why do I do that...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
looks like mig-29 on front... ugly...

Hey, the Fulcrums are all sexy. pretty much every modern Russian aircraft is!

That's an opinion, and I can already feel the flak.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I agree the fulcrum is 53XY yet not on the x-02! It is 53XY on the morgan and on the fulcrum. By the way if you want you can dish out the $100,000,000 and buy one. Seriously, they're for sale... I guess anything is kinda sexy on the x-02... well... falken would never be sexy but... thats what happens sometimes... BTW the mig-31 is not sexy... Is that modern???

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   

and shadow... I would pwn u in vs mode.... I r teh ace... yay 1337speek.... Why do I do that...

I dont know I use to have some skill with the S-37 Berkut back in AC4. I didnt have any of those fancy "Tactical Laser Systems " though you get in the newer games

I forgot about the x-02 it was that weird plane like a cross between a SU-37, YF-23 and Northrops Switchblade concept right? I remember seeing the wings change shape in flight from FSW for low speed to more like the yf-23 for high speed.

BTW you find anymore pictures of the ADF-01 Falken? I really want to get a better look at that design.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
This was the only picture I could find of the ADFX-01 Morgan in this wikipedia article.

en.wikipedia.org...

The ADF-01 Falken appears to be the more radical design. This is the only picture I could find of that aircraft and its not the greatest picture.

en.wikipedia.org...

They are some really weird planes, but they'll fly! All the key elements I listed in my last post are there as far as I can see. Accoding to the laws of physics, they are just like every other plane.

Tim

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I agree the fulcrum is 53XY yet not on the x-02! It is 53XY on the morgan and on the fulcrum. By the way if you want you can dish out the $100,000,000 and buy one. Seriously, they're for sale... I guess anything is kinda sexy on the x-02... well... falken would never be sexy but... thats what happens sometimes... BTW the mig-31 is not sexy... Is that modern???

Can anyone enlighten me on what he's rambling on about?

I'm not going to lie, but this is one of the most confusing posts I have ever read anyone ever post. I have no idea what you're referring to as costing 100 million and I have no idea what your referring to that can be "sexy" on thes aircraft.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well to be honest I started that snowball of a rant. He's alluding to a MiG-29 Fulcrum from an earlier post...He had called Fulcrums ugly and I guided him back to the true path
. Unfortunately past the third sentence I got lost. But anyone who thinks the Foxhound ain't sexy...Ugh, let's not even go there.

Sorry, hijacking thread. Back to topic: These planes would fly, and if they wouldn't they could be propelled. Can't lift yourself up? Propel yourself. Ever seen the wings on an F-104 Starfighter? Tiny little things-the plane was basically rocket. Ditto the Bell X-1.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
BTW if anyone knows how to get the falken sp color on acecombat zero I'd appreciate the help... God I feel like crap... whole body hurts... dang flu...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Happened to be passing through, and perhaps this image of the ADF-01 Falken will help. It's a 3D model a friend of mine created for a poster I had made. Very similar to the actual plane, but there may have obviously been some creative license involved.

fc81.deviantart.com...

A side/top view can also be seen here, but again these are fan-works and may involve some creative license.

fc13.deviantart.com...

Hope that helps. I'd be interested to know if the design is feasible as well. Obviously that TLS would be a little difficult to implement, but ahhh, wouldn't it be great if they could make it work? XD

top topics

join