It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carbon Nanotube Computers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
www.technologyreview.com...

+++ "The achievement, described in the current issue of Nano Letters, could help make large-scale integrated circuits built out of carbon nanotubes possible, leading to ultra fast, low-power processors."++++

This sounds really promising and full of potential. Would the members knowledgeable about this area say that computer circuits will be in production in say 5 years? I am reading up on this subject but really can't make an educated guess. Do members think this technology will ever be as beneficial as is hoped? Thank you in advance to any who answers my questions

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well, Carbon Nanotubes (an invention I heard about a few years back but seemed to dissapear off the radar in favor of other new materials) are very expensive to produce.. and so I'm not sure if they would be used in something so mass manufactured as computer chips.

Steve

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Well, Carbon Nanotubes (an invention I heard about a few years back but seemed to dissapear off the radar in favor of other new materials) are very expensive to produce.. and so I'm not sure if they would be used in something so mass manufactured as computer chips.

A few years ago.. havent there just recently say less than a year ago been major breakthroughs in CNT production..

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I just saw some dude from hatachi on the sparkle box not so long ago saying that this was their direction with TVs as it will be far chraper for them to produce and that the image quality was far superior to the best LCD and plasmas avaliable today.

That was about 2 months ago...

Who knows...My little sony works good enough for me

new topics

top topics

join