It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caffeine-your friend or slave master?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
So which is it? Do you control it or does it control you? Do you have the caffeine monkey on your back? do you need that three cups of coffee or coke in the morning just to keep alive. Do you need that 2 litre bottle of Dew to get yout hrough the afternoon?

For me, I drink about on caffeine beverage a day, coffee in the morning usually. How about you?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Slave master all the way.

I just quit drinking sodas almost a month ago now, and I coulnd't feel better. I don't know what it is about the sugar, carbonation, and caffiene, but it ruins your body. Just give it a shot. You'll have withdrawals, but you'll feel better in the end.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yup, the monkey's definitely on my shoulder, and has been for years. Coffee is about the only thing I drink, and I'm generally pretty cranky if I don't get my early morning 2 cups! I consider it to be one of my few vices - I love the stuff

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Im definately under caffeines control, i simply must have a coffee every hour or so otherwise i get very annoyed at everything and everyone!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
the amount of time that myself, and most of the other people i converse with ATS, spend staring at a computer screen, caffiene is a vital tool!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Caffienes right up there with me camels!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I don't drink anything that contains caffeine.

I quit about a year ago and its the best thing I ever did. Caffeine is a drug just like any other.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I refuse to answer this question on the grounds it might incriminate me
* I can just hear it now, Gosh, she smokes AND drinks coffee pfff, what a weakling*

Mags

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I refuse to answer this question on the grounds it might incriminate me
* I can just hear it now, Gosh, she smokes AND drinks coffee pfff, what a weakling*

Mags

Shiiiiiiiiiiit Mags i do both...... Theres no weakness in either. I can quit either at will... I do it for the pleasure not the addiction.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Since I'm so young, coffee doesn't really appeal to me, but I might have a sode once in a while. I find that it doesn't really keep me awake or energetic or anything, so if I reeally need a boost of energy, I might have a Red Bull. Yeah, it's not very good for you and it tastes kinda strange, but it works! I drank a can one day and I ran 6 miles at school!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I try not to drink caffeine..but once in a while its fine...so I guess its neither really.

-wD

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Caffeine really doesnt bother me, i drink when i'm thirsty, withdrawls from caffeine include discolored urine and terrible headaches.

A little bit is ok to tide you over but dont get hooked on the stuff.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Caffeine is my master. Lol.

I grind beans every morning. 2 cups in the house, a mug on the way to work, and at least 2 cups when I get there, eh, usually 3.

I did quit my afternoon coffee tryst though.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I drink about four cups a day on average. I quit sodas and all sugar aboutr 2 mths ago and have gone from half dead to atleast three-quarters alive. I really would hate to give up the coffee completely though. This post has got me wanting a cup now which would be unusual for me in the evening.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My master can be described by opacity and viscosity.

Black mud.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I drink it whenever I get a chance, seriously. I just love the rich taste of the drink, the relaxing blend of beans and flavor. I drink it probably 2-3 times a day, it's not "controlling" me...I just drink it cus I love coffee.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I usually prefer guarana to wake me up and give me energy. I quitted drinking coffee daily like 5 months ago.

But still like and enjoy the taste of good coffee once in a while, but rarely.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Have at times been a heavy coffee drinker.

Since I have worked in offices for the past 10 years I am amongst the abusers all the time.

The past year I have cut down quite a bit, just took some will power. I replaced a lot of my coffee by drinking tea instead. Takes three cups of tea to equal one cup of coffee and tea is a lot better for you.

Yeah if you are drinking more than four or five cups of coffee a day then you have to watch it, I know in the past when I did that it was not me in control anymore.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It really doesn't play arole in my life. I drink Mountain Dew but, I don't go crazy if I can't get it. I know that it's an addictive chemical but, addiction is different for everyone so, maybe I am addicted, I don't know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join