It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair attack 'morally justified'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
George does it again.

MP George Galloway has said it could be "morally justified" to assassinate Tony Blair, but stressed he was not calling for his death.

In an interview with GQ magazine he was asked whether a suicide bomb attack on Mr Blair would "be justified as revenge for the war on Iraq".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

What is interesting, his own party, RESPECT, have said nothing. Not even backed up his words. They have posted Galloways statement, saying he is not calling for an assassination, but the RESPECT media team have said nothing. Not even releasing a statement, like they always do.

I expect him to be expelled from Parliament.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As I said elsewhere George Galloway is reducing himself to silly linguistic gyrations to explain himself.

He shouldn't have said what he said and should have known how his words would be selectively quoted/twisted/interpreted.

But he did not call for or 'support' the idea of Tony Blair being murdered.

He also said this -

[Ex]
"But I've made my position clear. I would not support anyone seeking to assassinate the prime minister.

"That's why I said in the interview I would report to the authorities any such plot that I knew of.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"With Blair’s approval rating now around the 28% mark
www.angus-reid.com...
(and predictably perhaps due to various media connections more recent information seems hard to come by) it would appear that an assassin might be doing British democracy a favour if Tony Blair was assonated.
However this does not make an assonated justified. There are about 60 million people living in the U.K, but Blair is a special person. He is more important than the interests of 60 million people."
That's one way I might have said something if I were Galloway. Just take the exact opposite (reasonable sounding argument) and then ridicule it for what it is. After all Blair is a hero, he has got British troops to die with a lie in their heads. And whilst that is a bad thing at least the new Iraq is better place for grave diggers.

But even if it is right that Tony Blair should be assonated, the trouble is there aren’t enough crazy people in this country. What a shame Charles Clark was sacked? I think he could have been a very good home secretary (well even if it is only by default).

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

join