It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independence day: Did Fox get us ready for 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Watching the "lone gunman" video, I noticed its a Fox programme but instead of adding to the thread, I've decided to put it here because of the following audio file. The quality is okay, but not brilliant.

theedgeam.com...

Although it is worth listening to all of it, at about 34min 20sec, Eric May starts talking about Independence Day, a film which clearly predicts whats happened in the last few years. Not only the destruction of two towers, but the patriotism of the "war president". Remember Bill Pullman standing with the helmet under his arm giving his speech? What did Bush do on that aircraft carrier?

Independence is also a Fox film and the numbers 9/11 comes up:

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

Did Fox "predict" 9/11 and get us ready for 9/11

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
lol
Short and easy answer is no.

Aliens invading earth is a story that has been around for decades. Absolutely nothing in that movie has occured in real life.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Although the main thread on Independence Day is not as thoughtful, that web site caught my eye ... very interesting. A lot of coincidences in the hollywood industry that somehow 'warned' 9/11 everywhere and also in the music industry ... those CD covers and all ... wow ... pretty amazing, but they could be just plain coincidences ...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Nothing in that movie has occured in real life.

Have you not considered the idea that the alien race is a symbolic representation of the west's ideas about Islam?

Read between the lines.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubadiver

Have you not considered the idea that the alien race is a symbolic representation of the west's ideas about Islam?

Have you considered it is one of the dumbest movies ever made?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This thread is really out there... come on did you read this?

Film: Independence Day (1996)
Time: 00:45:33 (Special Edition) 00:41:22 (Theatrical Version)
Scene: As Air Force 1 evacuates the President and his family, Jeff Goldblum sets a laptop up to watch the countdown. When the camera cuts to a close-up one of the ticks is 9:11:01.

Notice that it says ONE of the tics! Go watch the movie again, it counted down from 10 sec to 1... yes 9:11 was there and so was 9:10, 9:09, ect.

Coincidence? YA! I'd say so.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I can't see any relation at all to Independance Day (a film that I am sometimes almost embarrassed to admit loving). Were the Towers even destroyed in that film? I mean, chances are that they were considering the destruction, but was it shown?

Sorry - I'm not buying it. Claiming that the Aliens represent Islam is like saying the cows in The Far Side represent Islam, just in a less insulting way.

That's not at all to say that I can't see all of the other coincidences, as Zeta_101 mentioned.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Independance Day is a great, fun, film - just so long as you don't try to take it too seriously

Oh, and it's based on a book by HG Wells you know

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Independance Day is a great, fun, film - just so long as you don't try to take it too seriously

Oh, and it's based on a book by HG Wells you know

But of course!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I dont think FOX prepared us for 9/11. One must take into account that 9/11 was popular before SEptember 11, 2001. Our emergency number is 911 all across the U.S. So maybe the films just used the numbers 9 and 11 (911) to display a sign of distress of emergency.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yep, Fox did indeed get us prepared, just like other Studios are preparing us for Evil Albinos or Evil English trying to take over some part of the world.

Seriously, the number 911 is a part of everyday life in the states is it not, infact they are part of world life.
I don't think this holds any weight other than the usual - isnt this a fun coinkydink'.
I mean if you really wanted you could find an event and tie it in with a hundred movies from hundreds of studios.

Had you brought forth a movie brought out(or at leats made) just before 9/11 that showed the towers destruction by planes, then fair enough but popular numbers, and one of those examples is the Rugrats lest we forget, not really seeing much

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Began with school stuff this morning, suddenly checked time and it was 9:11
I must be part of the conspiracy

new topics

top topics

join