It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wazzat??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What do you think Ed G photographed? Seems as two birds flying together.
Can someone throw some light on this?

I walked out on my deck at 7:00am and the clouds were amazing. So I thought I would get some shots for my stock account. Grabbed my camera and got on the roof and took a few shots. Got my film back scanned and when I was going through them I came across this shot. This is cropped from a larger picture. At first I didn't notice the strange shape in the corner. When I did I thought it was a bird or something I did in Photoshop by mistake. Maybe I had erased out part of a plane or something. I called in my friend Rick to look at it and at first he thought it was a canard. But of course it's not. So I got out the negative again and saw the image was clearly visible on the negative. I re scanned just to be sure. It was exactly the same.

--Ed G.
[email protected]

[edit on 25-5-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Judging from the relative sizes, its probably a Mockingbird or Jay (small dark shape on left) harrying a hawk (bigger shape on right). If the sizes were more disparate I'd say a raptor attacking a smaller bird (yum
), and if they were closer in size, well, birds do what birds do

We see this sort of thing a lot in our neighborhood. There's been a family of Mockingbirds living in the back yard for years, and a family of Mississippi Kites (smallish grey hawks) about a block away in a very tall elm tree. Mom and Pop Mockingbird straff the Kites all the time during nesting season. They're absolutley fearless where their babies are concerned: I've seen them knock squirrels out of trees. They've attacked our dogs, and I saw them both tear into a Red-Tailed Hawk one day; it's hasn't been back so it seems to have learned a lesson.

new topics

join