It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyones pets pick up anything unusual?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A couple years ago i was sitting in my room browsing the web at night. It was late at night (3am) or so and my dog was next to me. Keep in mind she is very hard of hearing to the point where you can yell and dance around the room and she wont even wake up.

All of a sudden she wakes up, fur standing on end and shes growling. Something she only saves for people she sees walking outside through the window. The strange part of it was she was growling towards up towards the ceiling in the corner of my room. This freaked me out. I petted her just so she would calm down but she did not change. She stood up and slowly turned her head as if she was following something with her eyes. From one side of my room to the other side of the room she followed whatever it was she saw and got even angrier.

She stared at the ceiling for a long time and kept growling. Eventually she stopped and she began to lay down but still alert and staring at the ceiling scanning for anything. Then she just went to sleep.

Any thoughts or comments? This happen to anyone else? I do keep the urn of my grandfather in my house perhaps he was paying me a visit.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
My dog does the same thing. Sometimes its a mouse or something in the wall.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I can understand that but im really amost positive we have no mice. We have remodeled the entire house from that time, tore down many walls and we only found some roaches. No signs of mice. I lived in a house with some mice before and i know how that goes as well.

I really doubt she could hear the mice even if there was an army of them.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My father passed away 21 years ago this coming august. We had a beautiful doberman named Fritz back then. My dad would sit at the same kitchen chair
everday, after he died, Fritz would sit by the chair and bark at the ceiling. I think
it was my Dad's spirit hanging out.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If either my daughter or I are feeling sick or blue she becomes like a shadow...very determined to stay as close as possible.

It started a few years ago that I actually noticed her behaviour change when we weren't feeling up to snuff.

She's had it rough. She was locked in a little room above a restaurant for most of her then 9 years - supposed to be a mouser I guess. The only human contact she ever got was when someone came up to feed her scraps. The owner sold the business and was going to dump her at the pound! Now who's gonna want a 23 pound cat who can't wash her own butt and is terribly anti-social?

Well I agreed to foster her and after 6 months fell in love and adopted her into the family.

She had real issues with other cats (having never seen one before) and kept her distance from us. We gave her all the space she needed and it took four and a half years before she would even play with toys, allow me to pick her up, wash her butt, or even tolerate the other cats.

Now she's a doll. Still preferring to lounge by herself. Still rather snooty towards the other cats and still obese (in spite of every kitty diet I've tried on her!!)

Until one of us isn't feeling so hot. We still feel like crap, but well loved and watched over. She'll sit patiently or attempt to snuggle on her terms but stays very close.

As a rule no cats are allowed in my daughter's room...allergies (4 cats go figure!) but the last time my girly was home with a nasty flu, Josie was so determined to get in there and supervise the recovery that she nearly dug a dang hole in the door trying to get in. She stayed by my kid's side all day. The next day when my girly was feeling better, Josie turned her nose up at her when she invited her into her room!!

It's pretty cool. She's the only one of my cats that takes notice. The others could care les so long as the food dish is filled and the poo poo box is tidy.

EDITED to add: sorry pet lover's tangent hee hee. I've never noticed my cats picking up on any spooks or no-see-ums. They do freak out when big trucks go by though!

[edit on 5/23/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My cat Juniper is wonderfully strange. We always say he sees fairies. He is always looking in the middle of the air and going nuts......at nothing. Even the other cats dont see it.

Then he starts ducking and cowering and walking in circles. I think the fairies are dive bombing him then.

I do believe animals are highly psychic though.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My last dog when she would travel with me she always knew when we were "there". She could be sleeping I could stop and she would not bat an eye. However if I got home or to my wife's parents house 100s of miles away she would jump right up. How she knew will always be a mystery.

My brother's dog will bark and bark when she wants in the hous but if you get up and start headin for the door she knows and will stop barking. You can walk on tip toes or be super quite and she still knows.

I always held this belief you can be taught to not know something as somethings are just not taught not to believe in. Kinda like those stupid litlle bugs or microbes or whatevr that live in hot springs or in or near nuclear waste etc. These living things are so dumb that they do not know it is harmful to live in it so there for they continue to live. This would not be but scientists found them alreay living in those elements. Am I making sense?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have two dogs and a few times i have seen them act strange at night.. for example they have woken me up just staring at nothing growling and barking fiercely. It freaks the crap out of me. I check and can't see anything strange or out of the ordinary.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
J stuff, I can relate to your situation with your dog. a certain incident also happend to me in almost the same exact way. this happend a while ago. it was late at night maybe around 2 am. me and my sister stayed up late in the living room watching the exorcist. i was laying on the couch and my dog was laying on the floor asleep. well anyways all of a sudden my dog almost instintaniouly stood up and was growling at something in the corner of the room. he then began to bark at it. then he began to follow it with his eyes around room as he was growling. at this point i was really scared. i yelled at my dog telling him to shut up but he acted as if i wasent even there. this accured for a good 2 min until my dog finnally started to calm down. but stayed at an alert state. my belif is that animals can see things humans cannot. i fell that that night what my dog was growling at was an evil spirt or something of that nature because i could feel that hairs on the back of my neck go up and i felt very uncomfortible. kinda like the feeling of some one looking at you, you dont see them looking at you with your eyes but your can feel their eyes upon you. i have been told that by seeing movies like the exorcist it attracts evil to your house. im not sure if its true or not but after that night it made me really think about it.

new topics

top topics

join