It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hirsi Ali goes USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here in holland there is a lot of upheaval about the dutch status of Hirsi Ali, a politician from Somalia that made a career here, but got in trouble because she lied about her name and birth-date. She came in the spotlights because she made a film "Submission" with the murdered Theo van Gogh. Many people found it offensive:

Click here to watch submission

She has resigned her job and is now 'fleeing' to the USA.

Click here for the news

What do you guys think of this? i think its a little hypocritical of our goverment. First she is the hero of the rightwing's and now she is being scolded by us...

[edit on 23-5-2006 by sebastiaan]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's hypocritical of Verdonk to use it now, while she knew it much longer. But Hirsi Ali lied because she was being threathened.

'I felt I had no choice. I was frightened that if I simply said I was fleeing a forced marriage, I would be sent back to my family. And I was frightened that if I gave my real name, my clan would hunt me down and find me. So I chose the real name of my grandfather. I claimed my name was Ayaan Hirsi Ali, although I should have said it was Ayaan Hirsi Magan.'

More info in this link:

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Sebistaan,
The link you posted stated that the lady in question had been offered a position with the American Enterprise Institute. Do you happen to know if she took the position and has now ended up in the US?

join