It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life can Exist Without Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
But Life cannot exist without Wisdom. A deaf, mute, and blind person survives by his or her wisdom and the wisdom of the people around he or she.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You had to be on the internet to start this thread. You most likely have electricity in your home. If you are old enough, you probably drive a car.

This is at least your second thread on why we should all just reject science. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, although in this particular case you are doing nothing to improve the quality of this discussion board.

Sure life can exist without science. So perhaps if you ever are in a car wreck, have an infection, need dental work, or contract a disease, you should forget going to the hospital and just stay home. I would love to see you sit patiently in your room talking down science if your appendix should ever rupture.

All of the things I mentioned - internet, electricity, transportation, medicine - all of these exist because some Scientist asked a Scientific question, used the Scientific method to perform a Scientific experiment, and come up with a Scientific answer.

If you cook, you engage in science. If you correspond in any manner with another, you use science. If you use indoor plumbing you reap the benefits of science. The Amish use science and they are just about as basic as you will find in the US. People in third world nations who live in hunting and gathering tribes and wear loin clothes engage in science (horticulture).

Now, if you would care to debate the usefulness of science with me go right ahead. As a matter of fact, if you would like an actual debate, I believe there is a forum for that. However, any other action you take on this is just aggravating. It is frustrating and probably does quite a bit toward driving people away from the God you want them to all know and love. What I am trying to say is that it appears that you are defeating your own purpose.

Accepting science is not rejecting God. Science is, (in my opinion) one of the highest forms of appreciation for God's creation.
So what do you say? I ask you in all sincerity and without malice or sarcasm - Please provide us with some rational, logical thought on this whole science thing or stop the madness.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Spirituality is Infinite. Albert Einstein said: "science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." Einstein apparently wanted to bolster his "earthly reputation." I would subtract his statement completely, and add "without Spirituality, there is nothing; science is for stardom grabbers."

What percent of thoughts do you devote each day towards Spirituality (Eternal Life)versus science (earthly recognition)?

"Do you not know that to be a lover of the world means enmity with God?" James 4:4

"For the love of money is the root of all evils, and some people in their desire for it, have strayed from the faith and pierced themselves with many pains."
1 Timothy 6:10

I am scared for the USA as the USA appears to be the most "earthly nation" in world history.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I would subtract his statement completely, and add "without Spirituality, there is nothing; science is for stardom grabbers."

Then wouldn't you be defining yourself as a stardom grabber since you reap the benefits of science and use science daily.

What percent of thoughts do you devote each day towards Spirituality (Eternal Life)versus science (earthly recognition)?

I couldn't tell you an exact percent, but I devote a great deal of my time to spiritual thoughts as I am currently studying for the ministry. Science does not equal earthly recognition. My child was sick last week and I took him to the doctor. There was no earthly recognition for so doing, I attained no wealth, no stardom.

I did study science in college. I learned quite a bit and would like to share one small fact with you right now. There are more molecules in a single breath of air than there are breaths of air in the atmosphere surrounding the Earth. The scientists who found this to be true did not gain wealth for the discovery. The discovery though does give me reason to be in awe of a creator that could pull this off. The more I learn about my creators creation, the more appreciation I have for it.

Let me share one more while I am here. In a physics class I learned that neither matter nor energy can be created or destroyed. They can change form but can't be destroyed. I am matter and energy. This scientific fact is proof enough for me of some sort of after life. It is only my opinion however, others might not perceive this information in the same way I do. Still, my study of science reinforced my spiritual beliefs. It worked for me because it once again increased my faith. It did not result in my loving the world or rejecting my God.

"Do you not know that to be a lover of the world means enmity with God?" James 4:4)

This says nothing about science. Likewise, Christianity is not the only religion in the world and the Christian Bible is not the only sacred text.

"For the love of money is the root of all evils, and some people in their desire for it, have strayed from the faith and pierced themselves with many pains."
1 Timothy 6:10

Again, not about science. One could love money and hate science and you could apply the quote to that person. This makes it a non-rational argument.

Please actually explain your dislike of science, as you have not yet done so. I keep furnishing real relevant facts, but you seem to want to dance around them without giving any real relevant information.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The true character of science is not function but discovery.

We humans are curious creatures--God seems to have made us that way for a particular purpose. What that purpose is, exactly, I don't profess to know. But I do know that science serves our curiosity and that ever since the dawn of our remembered history, we've been observing and hypothesizing--starting with the stars above and progressing into just about every facet of our experiences.

Life, in general, surely can exist without science. But human life? I just can't agree with that.

new topics

top topics

join