It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions needed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Something strange has happened, and it's got me a bit shook up; it may just be paranoia, but, then, entire careers have been made on less evidence.

Anyone who has seen any of my other posts on the subject knows that I have a theory that the CIA/NRO have been flying blimps around for almost 60 years; as part of that I've been researching the odd crash of the K-99-X blimp in 1947. X stands for eXperimental, which is odd enough.

Anyway, please just go here
wreckchasing.com...
and then to the Google cache and compare the pages, see what's missing. Hint: search for my name.

I'm going to continue to look into the situation, but it seems odd, nonetheless.

Thanks.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think it's just an error on googles part you should email them about this.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

This is G o o g l e's cache of www.wreckchasing.com... as retrieved on May 16, 2006 02:38:35 GMT.
G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.

I think its a date issue rand. Apparently the cache snapshot was taken before you posted and the cache has not been updated. Clicking the 'current page' link takes you to the page with the latest posts.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
I think it's just an error on googles part...

No, Google's page has the entire thread, which has disappeared from the forum, not the other way around. I've been checking (by loading messages individually by message number) and it looks like the only messages that are missing belong to the same thread about an experimental blimp which crashed in 1947.

I have inquiries out, but no replies as yet.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Don't get too freaked man. Granted your blimp theory is a bit much for me(deny Pelicanism). Once they removed my name from the MUFON rolls I couldn't have been happier.
But hey you asked for opinions.
Mine is that your blimp to UFO sighting ratio is a bit high.
My rationale is that they saw a blimp and reported it as a blimp. Or they didn't see a blimp and as such didn't report it as a blimp.
Either way these sightings wouldn't turn up as UFOs since this refers to unidentified phenomena.
Blimps are easily identified by most people.
Ok the stealth blimp I can buy if the sighting occurred at night as did my most recent sighting. And yes it could have been a blimp since it moved very slow and low with minimal lighting. In fact it had lights arranged in a triangular formation. And it was soundless.
Just bein the honest me.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand
No, Google's page has the entire thread, which has disappeared from the forum, not the other way around.

You're normally much more lucid than this
Not knowing the age of the thread in question, I eyeballed the google cache all the way back to 2004 and didn't see anything fitting your description. I see some threads previous to the cache date missing and that's all.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
You're normally much more lucid than this

Like I said, it shook me up a bit. And the pizza and beer (emphasis on beer; it's the only time I dink anythwing) certainly didn't help the situation.

Here's what I'm talking about:

wreckchasing.com... as of today

# C-130 crash - Dallas 2/21/06 (1049)
* Re: C-130 crash - Sid Nanson 2/22/06 (1050)
# Oregon Wrecks - Ken 2/19/06 (1046)
# Canso found in Sannich Inlet - Stanley Strazza 2/18/06 (1038)

Google cache as of May 16
# C-130 crash - Dallas 2/21/06 (1049)
* Re: C-130 crash - Sid Nanson 2/22/06 (1050)
# New On-Line Wreckchasing Adventure - Nick Veronico 2/20/06 (1047)
* Re: New On-Line Wreckchasing Adventure - Chris at Check-Six 2/28/06 (1068)
* Re: New On-Line Wreckchasing Adventure - Chris Baird 2/21/06 (1048)
o Re: New On-Line Wreckchasing Adventure - Nick Veronico 2/26/06 (1063)
+ Re: New On-Line Wreckchasing Adventure - Rand McNatt 5/08/06 (1285)
+ Re: New On-Line Wreckchasing Adventure - Chris at Check-Six 2/28/06 (1069)

# Oregon Wrecks - Ken 2/19/06 (1046)
# Canso found in Sannich Inlet - Stanley Strazza 2/18/06 (1038)

The posts in red were there yeterday, gone today, and, AFAIK, they are the only posts to disappear. The "Adventure" referred to is here.

Nick Veronico's last message in the thread was along the lines of Hey! This thing gets wierd! I'll have the rest of the report by the end of the week. Then...nothing (in this thread at least). When a respected author announces a great find, then goes mum on the subject I have to wonder, and I wonder harder when a whole thread on the subject goes *poof*

Brief background:

K-99-X crashed off the California coast in 1947. "Official" histories all claim the accident happened in August; apparently it actually occured on July 14 and 15. The airship was known as K-99 during the war, as during a rendezvous with the USS Denver, but became the K-99-X at some point. The suffix "X" usually mean "experimental" when applied to Navy vessels, but it seems in some cases it may also mean "not a US Navy vessel", as when ships are transferred to other nations, etc. The K-99 accident is mentioned in the Blue Book archives, unfortunately in a letter written by a supposed crackpot. This airship may be one of the dozen or more Navy blimps which never recieved serial (bureau) numbers. On-line Navy records say the contract this blimp was ordered under was cancelled; other records say the contract was only amended and reduced by 4 airships.

(Say, how do you search Google cache for other dates? That seems like it'd be a neat trick to know.)

EDIT: heard back from Nick Veronico. His mouse slipped while deleting spam, and noone seemed interested so he just let the subject die, and he's got some interesting info which will be in his new book. Just like a writer, huh?

[edit on 22-5-2006 by rand]

top topics

join