It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who haven't uploaded a picture of yourselves...Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I am one of the people who haven't posted a photo of myself on this forum, and I was wondering what other peoples reasons for this are?

My reason is that I like people to see me as my persona on this board, here I am my avatar and what you read me write.
I don't feel the need for people to see who I really am because on ATS, I AM John Nada (oh yeah!), and I love the persona too much for people to see the real me and make snap judgements from it.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't need anybody to see me online. The semi-anonymity the internet grants me is what I like. Putting my face online will take part of that away.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Because there are a few looney tunes on ATS that hate me and I don't need them to know what I look like.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i dont know but ill think of a reason

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Because there are a few looney tunes on ATS that hate me and I don't need them to know what I look like.

oh yeah there's that as well...and it's not a joke either. Your hanging yourself out to dry here if you post a pic and say things certain members or establishments don't like.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

dood, we already got a picture of you. remember?

BTW this is old school now. like we are. lol

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
oh #, it was this one..

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
oh yeah there's that as well...and it's not a joke either. Your hanging yourself out to dry here if you post a pic and say things certain members or establishments don't like.

heh. that's already happened to me, even before I posted a pic. I don't really think I've got much to lose. at this point, people either like me or hate me. doesn't bother me too much.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
LMFAO

I forgot about those pics, that's too funny. Weren't they used for someone else though?

link   
Fury. You...are...not...funny.

link   

LMFAO

I forgot about those pics, that's too funny. Weren't they used for someone else though?

well it was a two for one day back then in fury land

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well I was going to post a pic but then I realized I didn't have anything. While mulling over how much trouble it would be I realize it might be such a good idea anyway because some time down the road, when the CIA looks over its 4 terabyte ATS cache to haul in members .... they wouldn't have my picture. But also that kind of thing can bite you in the ass. Look what happened to that preachy repug woman who had nudie pics taken of her.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
well i dunno about you guys but worrying about the cia. nsa, mi5 ect getting your pic doesnt bother me...

if your old enough to have a driving licence they allready have it... remember them mugshots on your DL card...

there you go, they allready have our pictures!!

ive not posted mine.. because its not nessesary at this time... i will post it when i need to... ie when i need to meet up with ats members because the NWO is at my bloody door...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   

A few?

You post your pic and i guarantee someone will forward it to the FBI under Possible Traitor (Liberal-america-hater)

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

A few?

You post your pic and i guarantee someone will forward it to the FBI under Possible Traitor (Liberal-america-hater)

Personally i'd post it on nambla's website,
lol, but i like the colonel, so i wouldn't do that.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well I'm in the UK so idiots like that can fire away, I don't think I need to worry about that over here, we ain't THAT up our governments asses, in fact most of us plane don't trust them, which is wise.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

My reason is that I like people to see me as my persona on this board, here I am my avatar and what you read me write.
I don't feel the need for people to see who I really am because on ATS, I AM John Nada (oh yeah!), and I love the persona too much for people to see the real me and make snap judgements from it.

You had some good point I think, about the persona you built on ATS. But I don't personnally care that much about snap judgements, because I think only ass holes make snap judgements ( no offense meant). So I think people shouldn't care about that, if someone judge them on their pic, they aren't worth knowing anyway.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
well that's exactly my point Morbid, but unfortunately there are alot of arseholes on this board. It ain't a major factor anyway, just another reason to add to the bundle. The main being the persona.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury

A few?

Personally i'd post it on nambla's website,
lol, but i like the colonel, so i wouldn't do that.

NAMBLA? ROFL!!!!

Oh fury, you're one sick mother#er

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

NAMBLA? ROFL!!!!

Oh fury, you're one sick mother#er

Ahh I'm glad i came back,
I have a lot of catching up to do

Is that your pic btw? i'm a real sucker for blue eyes and big lips.

ahh weeeeelll

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join