It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-4 NEACP and EC-135/E-6 Looking Glass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The E-4 NEACP and E-6 Looking Glass (forerly the EC-135) are America's Emergency Airborn Startegic Command Posts. They say that these two planes can even launch ICBM's by remote control form Anywhere. If you look the government never shows them off publicly. the E-4's are kept tucked away in a coner of Offut AFB Near Strategic Commands underground headquaters. I'm not sure where they base the E-6 at (Anyone know?). Does anyone know anything about either of the planes beyond the few facts on US Stratcom's website? Why are these planes kept so well hidden, they've never been at an airshow that I know of (unlike the E-3, which is a RADAR plane and an Airborn Command Post)

Tim

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC.

Thats why noone knows much.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Looking Glass has been on display at the Air Show. You just can't go through the thing. They also fly it in the Air Show. Its not tuck away like you say. It stays in the back hanger on Offutt Air force base Bellevue, NE. The recently moved because the runway has been getting redone. Yes they can launch nukes from the plane, also the plane is tied to the electronic security fence that is around the United States.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Intresting emfstep,

I never knew that! I've been to many are shows and have yet to see one. Hey, I just learned something new.

Tim

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The E-4 NEACP can be seen on the runways as langley and Andrews from time to time and If I recall correctly deploy with the President when he mores about.

The E-6 is actually called the TACAMO or Take Charge and Move Out. It is used for emergency comm. with submerged submarines. They oeprate from travis, Tinker, Offutt and patuxent

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think I read something about them planning to retire or replace these two planes, anyone have more information on that, or is my memory playing ticks on me again?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
The E-6 is actually called the TACAMO or Take Charge and Move Out. It is used for emergency comm. with submerged submarines. They oeprate from travis, Tinker, Offutt and patuxent

Fred,

Looking Glass is actually the name of the mission! Looking Glass is a Strategic Airborne Command Post. The name, which is actually another word for a mirror, comes from the fact that the plane duplicates the function of command centers on the ground and can take over the role in an emergency. Here are some links:

Looking Glass Passes the torch

Looking Glass

www.nebraskastudies.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Looking Glass Command Post

STRATCOM's Looking Glass

Looking Glass Command Post

The E-6 flies the Looking Glass mission. B.T.W. the E-6's name is actually Mercury!

Tim

new topics

top topics

join