It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran much closer than thought...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

This tells me it's time to hold onto your hats! The United States will not allow this issue to go any further. Look for there to be a 'slowdown' non-nuclear strike by air if nothing else. I guess the next question is, "What does Iran do in response?"

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its going to be UGLY.

I guess all of us here have varying ideas as to what the reaction would be from Iran but Im sure we can all agree that whatever it is its likely to implicate Isreal, Russia and China as well as most if not all muslim nations in one form or another. I personally believe that it would mark the beginning of the end.

There are numerous muslims throughout the US that might just take extreem exception to this and who knows what they might do. Bus stops, ballgames, malls....Heaven forbid, but I dont think this sort of reaction is out of reach. I also read somewhere that one your an enemy of a muslim, its beyond the 100th generation. If thats the case and this Iran situation turns out to be a worst case scenario, then there are troubled waters ahead for everyone.

Time wil tell I guess but from the look of things, we wont have to wait too long now.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wow, we should all be really scared. Iran will 'know how' to build the bomb in a few months... scary stuff!
So the excuse for Iraq was that they had WMD, now for Iran the excuse is even weaker... that they'll know how to make them. I can see the zionists chanting 'Iran must not know how!'

It's amazing how when the Bush administration choses to, it can suddenly turn Iran into an 'international crisis'. Thats the propaganda... Iran isn't an 'international crisis'... it's doing what it has a right to do under the NPT, and that is to enrich uranium for its civilian nuclear programme. There's no evidence that Iran is doing otherwise. None. Its also amazing how the war hawks have coined the phrase 'technological threshold'. The phrase makes you think that Iran will have the technology to build the bomb...but really it means that they'll just know how. The word 'threshold' is also a little gem, conjures up images of some mystical dangerous line that has been crossed.

Maybe once we invade and it turns out that there are no documents which show that Iran 'knew how' to make the bomb... Bush will say with a whimper 'but they WANTED to know how to make the bomb'

Well i WANT to KNOW HOW to get Monica's Belluci's phone number, but does that mean i'm stalking her?

[edit on 21-5-2006 by metallicabrainz]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Iran has the ‘right’ to produce enriched uranium for a civilian program under the NNPT…only by abiding to the conditions detailed in her SG protocols, she has not.

Don’t forget that when Iran was forced to expose her clandestine nuclear program in 2003, Aghazadeh originally explained to El Baradei that Iranian scientists learned everything off of the internet amazingly in just five years when they were touring Natanz!

mg

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

only by abiding to the conditions detailed in her SG protocols, she has not.

Care to explain what that means exactly?
As far as i know Iran was abiding by EVERY requirement... including 'snap' insepctions by the IAEA.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by metallicabrainz]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ok...I know this is from the AP, but...

You come on here using Fox News as your source? Then, the article says the Israeli PM is saying this.

And you want us all to be scared of the Iranian super jihadi nuke?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is definetly something to worry about. I have a hard time believing that Iran only wants nuclear technology for peaceful purposes after he's openly stated that the Haulocaust was a hoax and Israel should be "wiped off the map". I have my doubts that this will be resolved through diplomatic means.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rightwingpatriot
This is definetly something to worry about. I have a hard time believing that Iran only wants nuclear technology for peaceful purposes after he's openly stated that the Haulocaust was a hoax and Israel should be "wiped off the map". I have my doubts that this will be resolved through diplomatic means.

I think he actually stated he believed the Holocaust casualty figures were exagerrated and that Israel's ruling regime should be done away with. Lost in translation and that kind of thing I guess.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is just WAR PIMPING, just like before. Where are Saddam's WMDs? Rumsfeld lied, got caught out about it by Ray McGovern, but the bandwagon rolls on. Next stop Teheran. Where next? Syria, I should imagine. One more rigged election, put young Jeb in the driver's seat, I shouldn't wonder, and the PNAC campaign for world domination will roll on.

Hitler wrote Mein Kampf, the neocons had Rebuilding America's Defenses. You can't say we weren't warned.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

In 1981, Israel's air force attacked the Iraqi nuclear reactor at Osirak, destroying the facility. But Olmert said the situations cannot be compared, and Israel will try to persuade the Western world to impose sanctions on Iran.

Israel needs to stop writing checks that it can't cash and stop looking to the western world to back them up. And Bush needs to stop cashing their checks for them. because its all the U.S. expense.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I personally dont think Irans nuclear program is just for "peacefull energy", but come on folks. This is an article from Isreals PM. Dont you think that Isreal would want to hype up the "scare factor" against its biggest enemy? You know most of the crap that comes out of world leaders mouths is propaganda aimed at strengthening their own agenda. I would be hesitant to pass judgement until the IAEA gives their final report. On a side note, how do you feel about Isreal selling U.S. military hardware to China? Or Venezuela selling U.S. military hardware to Iran?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by metallicabrainz
Care to explain what that means exactly?
As far as i know Iran was abiding by EVERY requirement... including 'snap' insepctions by the IAEA.

If they fulfilled EVERY requirement, how could they have a covert nuclear research program for almost twenty years?

One can not recognize the two decades of clandestine work Iran has done in nuclear research (such as polonium, Laser enrichment experiment beginning in 1991, metallic hemispheres etc) and suddenly, logically, and blindly believe all the statements spewing from her as fact.

Here is a good start for her failures under the NPT:

mg

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
every body is going like we are having the same situation as with iraq , but there is a complete difference between iraq and iran.
iraq was under martial law it couldn't do nothing it didnt have airplanes , fighter jets nothing , even tanks were almost completely gone after the first dessert war.

Iran stil posses a treath as it has figther planes bombers , chemical , biological and yet to come nuclear weapons , it has advanced tech in its development like stealth , and supersonic cruise missele ect.

and if we let it go as far as we let the situation go before gulf war 1 with iraq and then suddenly stop and have to go back years later to do what could have been done earlier , then we would be stupid .
as iraq hadden't had no time to recreate its militairy strenght , iran wasn't attackt and iran had the time to go on and strenghten its positions and its militair forces.
and it did not have 2 gulf wars on its BeHind.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Russia and China remain the wild card in all of this. I don't know whether it's left over cold war paranoia or what but it seems to me the countries that trust Russia or China best err on the side of caution. I don't feel they have the US or its allies best interests at heart. Here's a thought...Maybe for once if Russia and China would stand alongside the US in this matter with Iran, diplomacy would have half a chance to work.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by signs]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I agree with dno, its Israel's a** is on the line and they want to drag as many countries into the conflict so that Iran will realize that attacking Israel will start a domino effect of conflict similar to that of WW1. We could and (IMO) should leave Israel to fry on this one.

The U.S. is spread too thin right now to deal with WW3. We should not support Israel in this conflict, there might not even be a conflict. Olmert could be embelishing the problem a little just to rally his allies to crush a potential threat before he becomes a real threat. and this is not our place to do, much like in Iraq.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by daedalas]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Why was the public so bravado going into IRAQ,
yet so hessitant going into an ARMED iran?

this is why I believe the us KNEW iraq didnt have WMD's.

The US powers at be , would NEVER of sent a 100,000 + soilders into a WMD battlefield..

They KNEW iraq wasnt arming itself with Chem+Bioweapons.

Even so with Iran, yeah they have the equipment, they have the nerve.. so should we WAIT for them to build it up more?
should we WAIT for them to nuke another country?
How about them holding someone ransom for terms the west will NEVER be able or willing to meet?

If we let Israel go it alone, the middleast will explode.

If we WAIT, it will explode even worse.. but further down the time scale when Iraq has become a full blown hornets nest, the US economy is in the toilet and world alliances blown apart.

We need to go in NOW, hit them HARD, and let them make the next move.
That is the ONLY way to see if they ARE arming them selves for nukes, and if they are the threat to global peace they are making them selves appear.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
What the hell is that, Chop?

Please, PLEASE stop watching Fox News! When the hell did Iran nuke a country?
Such a fine example of the effect of the millions spent on propaganda in the US...

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

should we WAIT for them to nuke another country?

Iran has never nuked another country.

On the other hand, the country i'll take a wild guess your posting from, ie. U.S.A. has. To great effect, i might add.

All credibility you might have had in this thread has now been shot.

Cheers!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Wow , my mistake, very bad typo indeed.
Unforunately my IE is playing up and I cannot -EDiT
please mods edit that line from the post.

and far out guys,

grow up a bit huh...
no need to all jump up n down chucking hissy fits.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The US nuked another country to end that other country's aggression and expansion. Iran on the other hand has stated its intention to wipe Israel off the map simply because it is there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join