It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destroying the physically strong by being mentally strong

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here are a few things to think about buddy:

1) You ARE human, another way to achieve greatness may be to "Redifine Humans as GOOD". But this will always be an oppinion in the eye of the beholder. Again pointing out, you can't make every one happy.

2) The pursuit of knowledge is HUMAN, look at all the scientific fields of study. Those people just know what they want to look for.

3) I also have a small frame, yet i have managed to build some muscle. Wanna know how? Simple, working on cars..or my "pursuit of knowledge". Now cars have become smarter and so have i, so less physical work is needed.

4) Martial arts are great to build confidence. Saying they will not work for you is a defeatist attitude. While a powerful kick or punch may hurt there are other things to look at besides that. A kick provide one leg of fthe ground, a punch usually throws off the center of gravity, all oppertunities. Here are a couple you may want to look into. Aikido: basics of redirecting your oppnents energy. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (which is what i study): uses leverage so the mass and strength of your opponent do not matter. Need proof on that, look at Helio Grace.. 90 something years old and can still wrap you into a pretzel. In fact another example is a 40 something guy who i like to hit the mat with. He only weighs 110 lbs, but he is the best guy there (besides the teacher).

5) confidence. From what i see you are lacking in that area. You are looking for something to make you feel superior to everyone. we all have somethin over everybody. But feeling like you are worthless (in the name of perfection) is not going to get you anywhere. Find ways to make small goals, and stick to them. Bigger goals will come along with confidence.

6) Attention. Attention is always earned. Learn how to earn the RIGHT attention and again you will gain confidence

7) Be happy. use unhappiness to set realistic goals and accomplish them. If you fail, be understanding, anylize why and try to correct it for your next attempt.

8) If people are evil then why do you still hope to change anything about yourself? Why are you trying to change yourself into something else? And if there is no way for you to succeed, will you learn to live with the outcome?

9) Chakras making you a plague to your family? Please explain

Good luck in the world from a fellow ex-depression victim (while never proven clinically).

[edit on 3-6-2006 by scoobdude]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkham
I have never seen an idiot with telekinesis. Plus, it would help to sharpen my concentration. (Quit dismissing my questions as childish)

Why do you think idiots don't practice telekinesis?

- Because they are idiots. Not because they don't know how the brain (which in my mind has nothing to do with anything... Those who know how the brain works, is because they have felt what it was like, and thus create theories in their mind as they seek comfort in understanding it) works. But they don't believe in the spiritual.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't intend to redefine cultures definition of "human". I just want to be highly above the human average. Because humans with the same basic limitations tend to stick together. My greatest fear is to be inferior, to anyone. I need ot be in a group that seperates me from humanity. That makes me, in my eyes, better. I don't plan to make humans good. It is impossible.
People in different studies don't pass across the boundaries of their diferent studies. At times, they must ask others. That is my greatest fear. That is what I hope to redefine about humanity. To not need anyone else. To be my own team.
Working on cars makes me feel like a redneck, (no offense, personal experience).
I am already trying to learn martial arts. But, unfortunately, I would try to learn them all, and that is very difficult.
I don't need confidence. I already know what I will suceed. But I can sometimes be overconfident, hence, my quest to be, in all areas, superhuman. However impossible. Once I thought of it, I fell in love with the idea. I couldn't get it out of my mind.
Happiness cannot be reached until my goal is accomplished.
I am tired of hating myself. The only reason I do so is because I am human. If I can cross the limits. Then I will be better, and I won't hate myself.
The chakra thing should have been explained in the past couple of posts. I don't think that idiots have the mental capacity to understand spirituality. It is also to prove to myself that I am not as big of an idiot as I think I am.

End

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
you may not like what you find, and keep these ideas to yourself, they can be dangerous in todays world.

go and try a remote viewing class, and see if you are any good.

but one thing, if you are a christian you should stay away, as these are things that christians know, are not things to be touched.

personally i would stay away from all those things, you never know what strange things they could bring to you.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I don't think that idiots have the mental capacity to understand spirituality. It is also to prove to myself that I am not as big of an idiot as I think I am.

Nobody understands spirituality, idiots just don't want to learn about it.

Remember, the things you want at the moment, "to be superhuman", is in my book basic thought of becoming greater than anything else... This leads to nothing, and it will block your spiritual development. No matter if you object to what I said or not.

Also, I believe if one hates himself as well... One will never progress from that point on. You need to learn to love yourself as something else than human, if that is what your 'despise', for example; See yourself as an image of something who wants to achieve a greater goal, and love that image... Which will lead to loving yourself. When one loves oneself, one's life can truly start to progress. As hate leads to pain, pain will stall the development. I was about to offer you guidance (not help to what you want), but I am second-oppinion it, as I have been through your stage once. And people began to call me a drama queen :/.

I want to be many things. Recently I have found I want to become a servant of God (not christianity) here on Earth. I want to learn the way of how one can banish spirits and demons from this world. I want to learn the ways of all the religions in the world. But all this will have to wait, as I need to learn myself first.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I forsee Trenchcoat Mafia

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I don't intend to redefine cultures definition of "human". I just want to be highly above the human average. Because humans with the same basic limitations tend to stick together. My greatest fear is to be inferior, to anyone. I need ot be in a group that seperates me from humanity. That makes me, in my eyes, better. I don't plan to make humans good. It is impossible.
People in different studies don't pass across the boundaries of their diferent studies. At times, they must ask others. That is my greatest fear. That is what I hope to redefine about humanity. To not need anyone else. To be my own team.

Humans are inherantly social creatures. We wouldn't have gotten where we are (whether or not this is the most correct place to be, I don't know) without each other.

However, that said...

I look at humanity and see all the wrongs that (I think) they are committing. Because I see them, I try my darndest to not repeat them. The fact that those people do not realize it is their own shortage, and my gain. To be virtuous is, or has become, my goal in life. (And since the very notion of Virtue has been forgotten, at the very least set aside, I'd recommend the quick read of Boethius's 'Consolation of Lady Philosophy'.)

However, I know that no matter how learned I am in this or that subject, someone somewhere will know something that I do not. That's just a fact of life. Even the encyclopaedias don't know everything... so how can you expect to?

Building muscles is fine and dandy, if that's what you're after. But having muscles doesn't mean you know how to use them... The knowledge of how to hurt someone is sufficient, methinks. (There too -- simply defend oneself? or seriously injure the enemy?) Pressure points are great, and don't require muscles to do effectively.

....don't know if that helped at all...

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Has anyone read anything if frickin' typed? I said I don't intend to harm anyone. I don't see myself as a social creature. So, I don't want someone around that is strong to handle the things that require power. Achieving greater goals in, in my reasons, for greed which is evil. And I see evil as the basis of humanity. Are you calling me a drama queen? I cannot seek total isolation if something is needed to be done and I cannot do it. Spirituality isn't a big concern to me. I am a dammed soul, heavy sins for almost every rule broken. I won't join the trenchcoat mafia because it is a gang, whose members are made of weak minded people, the opposite of what I am trying to achieve. Humanity cando anything, since my thoughts are basically a steroidacle "mind over matter" thought pattern. I am a burden to society, and it is a burden to me. If I wanted to kill someone, I would, telekinesis or no. This is the same problem I have in real life. judgemental people. The entire point of this thread has been thrown askew. This has, like almost every other conversation in my life. It goes from a harmless question that was hopefully going to take out the need for cross referencing, but it has gone to an arguement about my mental stability and felling toward humans. Just so you know, and don't take any of this in a jerk-esque way, but it is that same kind of judgement that sends many interested people like me to do the horrible things they do, like Columbine. But don't worry, unlike them, I have learned to deal with my hate. Almost extinguishing it. Only kept to not completly diminish my feelings.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If you can't handle a simple forum what makes you think you're able to handle the greater mysteries?

Relax. Focus on learning who you really are and how to relate to the world around you. When you are ready the knowledge will find you.

It's entirely possible you're just not at a point where matters of this nature would do you any constuctive good.

Don't take that too harshly - we've all been through it at some point in our lives.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

1. Has anyone read anything if frickin' typed?

2. And I see evil as the basis of humanity.

3. Are you calling me a drama queen?

4. Spirituality isn't a big concern to me.

5. I am a dammed soul, heavy sins for almost every rule broken.

6. Humanity cando anything, since my thoughts are basically a steroidacle "mind over matter" thought pattern.

7. If I wanted to kill someone, I would, telekinesis or no.

8. This is the same problem I have in real life. judgemental people.

9. It goes from a harmless question that was hopefully going to take out the need for cross referencing, but it has gone to an arguement about my mental stability and felling toward humans.

10. But don't worry, unlike them, I have learned to deal with my hate. Almost extinguishing it. Only kept to not completly diminish my feelings.

1. I have read what you frickin' typed
But some of the people here do not care about you, or doesn't understand you. I care, and I frankly don't want you to get hurt. ATS is a family, remember?

2. Evil is not the basis of humanity my friend. Ignorance is the basis for humanity, and ignorance leads to evil deeds. We can be ever so kind and loving, but we can also be ever so evil and hateful.

3. I was merely refering to what I was called... And you resemble me alot, but I didn't directly say you were a drama queen. You could be, are you?

4. I think spirituality is the main concept of this thread, or atleast what this thread has turned into. Do you not concern yourself about spirituality?

5. How so? I have a heavy debt to pay God for all he has ever done to me... And I will pay that debt one way or another.

6. This is typical spirituality, in my book.

7. You might think so, but there is a clear line between doing, and thinking. Unless you come to learn yourself, you will be frozen when the opportunity shows itself.

8. I have a father that yells at me, who do think I am a stupid kid, whether I get straight A's at my school exam or not. But that does not change the way I am.

9. We are only concerned about you. Atleast I am. The reason ATS has survived this long is not only because of the interest we share in the same thing, but also because we understand each other on a basic level. Which leads to friendship. ATS is a flag, and many has choosen to carry the banner; "Deny Ignorance".

10. Hate is never the best way to go, mind you. You might also want to keep yourself at peace instead of constant pain and hate.

Btw. I agree with what GENERAL EYES said.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The reason that I cannot build is because I have a light body frame. My father has the same problem. He is a farmer, but not as strong as most farmers. But let's not get off the point. Telekinesis is unhuman, or at least in my opinion. And my own goal in life is to defy my profiling of being human, (Spiritually, not physically). After reviewing, I don't want a large, obtrusive body. Plus, on the venture to learn the art of telekinesis, much knowledge would be gained. My desire is to obtain much knowledge as possible. I trained in lifting. But I am not concerned with building anymore. My goal isn't to hurt people, but to be better. (I don't say that to be mean). Since my belief is that humans are evil. So, I don't want to be human. This is majorly in a philosophical sense. Most people disregard be because of my age. As for the plague thing. My ignorance makes me think that chakras are religious. My family is deeply rooted in christianity. Anyone to view differently is viewed as a paraiah (spelling?) and often shunned. Many people misinterpret my personality entirely. Thank you for giving me time to explain myself and giving me a second chance before the die is cast and the eyes of judgement are opened.

Ehm I just felt the need to step in a bit.. you say humans are evil, and you dont want to be evil therefore not wanting to be human.. did i trip on the fence or was that right ?

If you feel that humans are evil then you are just mixed up in the wrong company.. or its some religious misconception.. i.e. the ones not following the bilble.. not following the koran etc.. are all evil.. thats jus a load of B.S. in my book if thats the case.. any religion that that tells you something along the lines.. all that do not follow this path are going to hell (say catholic vs. protestant branches of christianity etc.).. all that does not pay x money to reverend y goes to hell etc.. are false religions IMO. Just made up by someone to control the people and/or making profit for one reason or another.. and got nothing much to do with spirituality. If you look at how many people got killed in the name of religions throughout history and i just feel.. that a thing such as Anti-christ for example should have nothing to do with evil and more with the liberation from the religions of false spirituality may they slowly wither away.

Ive been going down the path to isolation a bit myself.. but im on the other side of the fence.. trying to stop, beeing less alone or is that less of a loon lloll.

Looking at your avatar, gives me a feeling that you might listen to blackmetal, the sometimes satanic music, sometimes its viking or pagan influenced.. but its mostly either sad or angry.... many try to get their voices to sound just inhuman.. i was listening to this music alot more a few years ago.. but its a very interessting musical journey if you find the bands to get

Btw to influence others with thought or to move objects with your mind its not inhuman.. its just a part of sciense that sciense have a hard time describing since they dont know much about it yet... but hopefully thats what science is all about finding out new things.. so in the future we might know a whole lot more of this stuff..

Btw i found this.. i thought i got it somewhere on these forums but not sure, so posting this link.

Unleash Your Telekinetic Ability
in PDF format 247 pages
static.thepiratebay.org...(PDF).3471228.TPB.torrent

Since its a torrent you need a program like Azureus to download it..

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Voltaire, I am sorry if you thought that "fricking typed" thing was aimed at you. It was aimed Diseria for his mucsles to hurt comment. I understand your concern, but you shouldn't worry about me. I know what I want out of life. It is true that this forum is about spirituality but the thread was to gain knowledge. Spiritual learning can only begin when mental serenity is reached. And until I can do almost anything on this plane of existence, my serenity slips through my grasp. My debt is from all of my blasphemous(spelling?) acts. So many, I can't go further in depth. I go hard enough on myself if I do something wrong. My parents say I go too hard on myself. Pain is my only motivation. I have been in hate and pain so long, I have begun to enjoy it, (I don't mean like gothic stuff). So spirituality, in your book, is the belief of severe belief of mental manifestation.

Once again, I was going to the publics view of evil. It is hard to find a person who isn't greedy, (I know that this is a tad extreme, but I don't know of anyone who would give their life to a total stranger). I am just not compatible with any form of human capacity. Stop with the stereotyping. I do listen to metal, yes. But that doesn't automaticallymean I dress up in a black cloak and drown a bag of cats. I am one of the nicest people I know. I just have a short temper(heridetery). The people who go to church that I know listen to country. A easy going music, right? They are the ones who usually go, buy beer, (they are underage, so I don't know how they do it), and go rape someone (that has probably happened before). I also listen to japanese pop (the kind at the ends of anime shows and movie), though I don't speak a word of japanese. Kind of at the opposite ends of the musical spectrum, eh? Music doesn't tell who the person is. Some listen to music to express themselves, I just do it because I like the guitar riffs. It is just coincidence that I like the darkness (I am not evil, I don't know why like it). I just have one request, don't judge me on my statements and how I word them, because, there will be a wide spectrum of that. Like I said, I am trying to defy the public view of humanity. And in the public view, telekinesis is inhuman, IN THE PUBLIC VIEW!

P.S. What the hel do you mean can't handle a simple forum?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What is the Buddy Pine Syndrome?

[edit on 4-6-2006 by Craft]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Arkham, I think you have many things to learn, and your life haven't even started yet, so you can't see out from your pain what it will end with. Your on the simple track of any teenager, I was there. Everyone has been there. Some are there.

When I am saying this it is because it is true; You will grow past this.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
ok... here is the problem with this thread. You asked a questions and gave disturbing answers to questions that were not asked. This caused red flags to pop up on those reading your OP. Now that we are concerned we want to make sure you are OK before you try to jump into something you may not know enough about.

Example: I want to become a pizza delivery dude is the topic

your reasons: its a job and you get to drive around all day/night

what people are trying to tell you: you will work late, and on weekedns so forget a socail life. You will have to wash dishes, clean, sweep, mop, watch dirty toilets, and sometimes you don't even get to eat for 8-12 hours

See how people are just trying to make sure you have the right mindset before you get yourself into something. However you are staying in the mindset that you can overcome anything.... but you are having a hard time dealing with people telling you a different side of the story you want to hear.

Anohter example: (guy i work with) what kinda truck should i get, a ram?

Reasons: wants to feel like a man/ likes the way they look

what i have been trying to tell him: ethanol and other AF will be dominant soon/ gas prices are going up/ he does not work on a farm/ranch or even need the bed/he has a kid on the way/ his wife is not working/ he is iresponsible

His reactions are, well i am just gonna get one. These are just things i think about before i make these decisions. What we are really trying to say is we want you to understand us in explaiing things too you so you can see WHY we are tellig you these things.

And in regards to the "are you calling me a drama queen" thing, geez, even my wife quit using that tactic on me cause it does not work. And do to the way your temper flared over that, i think you should learn to control that first. After all to become better than a human i to be able to control all human characteristics better than a human.

and don't worry, no offense taken on the redneck comment, but maybe you should work on a lamborgini or ferrari, "ain't never seen one ov dem der hotrods before.. dis ding got a carborater Leroy?"

But seriously lighten up and realize your plan... may not work. And if you deny that statement remeber this one as well... the truth will hurt you if you cannot acept it.

Again, good luck on your quest.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn
I'd imagine gaining telekinetic or whatever abilities is at least 1000x more difficult than bulking on muscle.

I've done both to a high degree, so I can tell you. It's the other way around

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by nazgarn
I'd imagine gaining telekinetic or whatever abilities is at least 1000x more difficult than bulking on muscle.

I've done both to a high degree, so I can tell you. It's the other way around

I know it was a flippant unenlightened comment but it is not necessarily so. We are born with our gifts and work each to our strengths. We should work on our weaknesses, well I suppose that's what psychism (whatever) is all about.

Some are destined to be a more resilient corporeal form others more spiritual. All are different. Even when aspiring to a more physical form there are different levels of attainment. A world record breaking sprinter was born with that gift but still they had to work. Myself more a distance runner could outrun any sprinter over distance. But I could never be that world class sprinter. That was not my best purpose. But working on my speed work improved my total being / performance.

I done weights bulked out it was hard, but I would never be the worlds strongest man. In a world where athletes are approaching a foot or more taller than me it is obvious no amount of work is going to get me lifting 600 pounds "Bruce Willis Unbreakable" style, and certainly not without the eventual detriment to my body.... No amount of spiritual or psychological mumbo jumbo can change that.

Yes sure a positive attitude and belief can inspire great feats....or delusion.

But be honest guys people here have spent years working this gig and the most they can do is turn a psi wheel. Yes a great mental feat, but not likely to help me lift 600 pounds or whatever. Come to think of it..moving a psi wheel is less work effort than a hamster on its wheel. All that "psychic" power ain't as powerful as a hamster

No wonder I went off that delusional psi gig.

I await all your enlightened, altruistic responses

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
How long did you practice your "delusional gig"?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by something smells
No wonder I went off that delusional psi gig.

Thanks for the flippant unenlightened comment. I wish I had read that before the whole of your post, it might have saved me some time.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Oy.

So far as I know (I being a female by the way), muscles are used for 2 things: Looking 'good', and hurting people. I suppose for physical fitness, but 'bulking up' seems a tad bit extreme then.

In order to live, you had to learn from your parents. Thus, you are a social creature. You *had* to interact to get this far in life. You are a social creature. Are you not talking with people now on this thread? on this forum? This is social. Not quite the shaking of hands and usual b.s. chitchat of life, but it's social.
You want to be anti-social, then do it. If you don't care about humanity, seeing that it's evil, then what's the deal with worrying about your family or your town?

Do what you need to do to be happy. In the end, that's all that really matters.

And if you decide that you can't reach a spiritual serenity -- then you won't.

Mind over matter.

<< 1    3 >>

join