It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we Strengthen our bond with the Holy Trinity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Is there anything more important?

I know the basics of prayer, Holy Bible reading, church attendance, fasting, and loving acts towards others. Are there more basics? Any supplementaries?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Actually, Great Tech, prayer is any activity that brings you closer to God.

For you this may be reading the bible, or fasting, or obeying certain scribbles in a book.

For myself, it's drinking and talking with friends (if God is in each of us - for the Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity, part of God, and the Holy Spirit resides in each of us - then we are drinking and talking with God), it's singing in the shower (whoever said praise had to be in public... or sound good...), it's being kind to people who have done nothing for me.

That's what's most important for strengthening your bond with the Holy Trinity. A book is simply a book. It may be important, but the book is not God. Nor did God make the book. Even if it is divinely inspired (which I disagree with, since there's parts of the bible that are missing) then it becomes the Word of God, as interpreted by Man - and Man is sinful. We should take the Book as advice, not as law.

The ONLY basic is that you love each other. That's the only one. Every other one is just another way of trying to bring yourself closer to God.

Want to know another way I found? Besides eating, drinking, and singing (which are all VERY fun by the way - rocking out/singing praise with the Beatles is awesome), I enjoy questioning.

Not just questioning science, or philosophy, but religion. We need to question our faith, to see where it is strong, and where it is weak. For example, some people consider Roman Catholicism to be the only way. "Why?" I ask. I questioned that a long time ago. I could find no reason. For many other religions claim to have their enlightenment come from a God or Gods. Why should one book be more reliable than any other? No, God, I believe, has chosen to reveal itself through many different ways. Every religion has something to contribute, just as every person has a few words of wisdom to tell.

So, questioning - not the most important, but a useful "supplement" as you put it.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is something that really struck home recently. I have recently had a crush on a girl, and that has inspired me to become a stronger man in Christ, and just a stronger man in general. I have removed sin in my life that I wasn't able to before. The thought that came to me was that this infatuation inspired me to do things that my love for Christ had not...Is my love for Christ less than an infatuation? I wrote to a friend about this, and he replied (this is his summary):

To grow you MUST rely solely on the indwelling of the Spirit to affect change in you, you must rely solely on the outpouring of the Spirit to give you the strength to rely on Him. Run the race to win, but run using His power for your legs have been crucified IN CHRIST. Secondly, in a marriage the man will be one the main influences on his wife's spiritual life as will the wife to the man ... If that is the case then a man should be encouraged to grow by a girl he likes (in fact it should be a prerequisite). However, to be encouraged by another and to be fed by another are two different things. Let Christ alone be the wellspring of living water for you, let Him alone be your bread of life.

As David Crowder put it, "when out depravity meets His divinity, it is a beautiful collision". The biggest thing missing from your list is surrender. We have to surrender to God and obey Him. To quote another musician, Michael W. Smith said, " it's only in surrender that our freedom comes." When you surrender your legs to God in running this race, you can truly win it. If you're relying on yourself to come to love God more, you never will. If you've ever been attracted to someone or drawn to them, were there actions you had to take to grow to love them better, or was it simply growing closer with them and getting to know them better that made you love them more? We are wired to love God. As we come to know Him more and more, we will love Him more and more. Read your Bible, pray, attend and participate in church, do random acts of kindness, but above all, surrender yourself to Him. When you surrender, He will guide you on the path He has created for you, and you will finally be free to be who you were made to be.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
junglejake, you are right about surrender. Surrender, faith, hope, charity, and other virtues can be tools to fill and perfect our mindset to perfect our prayer, Holy Bible reading, church attendance, fasting and loving acts towards others. Surrender opposes the sin of pride and causes the virtue of humility to flourish. It also gives Holy Trinity the Glory anytime we perform a great act.

"Glory to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever."

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
GreatTech & Others

GreatTech asked: How do we Strengthen our bond with the Holy Trinity? Is there anything more important?

Reply: Without getting into the complexities of the nautre of the Holy Trinity, I think it is safe to say that the Trinity is not personal. By that I mean, ministry and contact with God is done on a mutually personal basis within. However, the Trinity is a corporation, a living one, but does not contact directly with individuals except in rare instances. When one prays for universe tolerance and goodwill they are also supporting the work of the Trinity as well as a whole host of celestial personalities dealing with the issues that bring forth tolerance and goodwill.

Meanwhile, the Trinity has more DIRECTLY to do with something called "Divine Providence."

Divine Providence is the application of overall universe law to an individual if he or she is acting in the capacity of promoting the outworking of such laws. In such a case, the individual is not promoted, but the acts of the individual are sanctified by the Trinity on behalf of universe growth.

I know this is a complex area, but Providence belongs exclusively to the Paradise Trinity and its sub-infinite agents in time. Someday the work of the Trinity will be so much better understood, and Providence will be understood better too.

Ron

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Obey God, even if He's asking you to do something out of your comfort zone.

Don't squelch the spirit as He instructs you in what to do.

When Jesus said, "Not my will but thine be done". He was also stating an example for us to follow.

When God reveals sin to you, acknowledge that it is sin and remove it from your life.

new topics

top topics

join