It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prodi: Iraq war was 'grave error'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Prodi: Iraq war was grave error

From the article
ROME, Italy (CNN) -- Italy's new Prime Minister Romano Prodi has said the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq was a "grave error."
"We consider the war in Iraq and the occupation of the country a grave error," Prodi told the upper house of parliament on Thursday as he outlined the program of his new government which was sworn in the day before.

Looks like the Iraq fiasco is cracking the Coallition. Now Italians want out. And even the new prime minister of Italy is publicly admitting that Iraq invasion and occupation was/is wrong.

Prodi said Italy plans to be in the forefront of the so-called war on terror, even with military intervention, as long as there is international backing. But he said it must be fought without sacrificing human rights and freedom.

And now he is saying that human rights and freedom was taken from Iraqis?
What a surprise.
So-called war on terror?
Interesting choice of words.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Excellent find yanchek!

Well I guess the new Lefties, which took over Italy in recent Elections do not want to be a big part of this so-called War on Terror - love the choice of words!

But, I think the newly elected German goverment is now the Big European ally of current US goverment.

Z Gehmanz are coming!

Smart play by the Yankees.

[edit on 20/5/06 by Souljah]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It is most refreshing to be aware of Mr. Prodi's statement. I can't help but think this'll ruffle more than a few feathers and perhaps start a managed "spin" message from those who may choose to disagree... watch for errors in this spin!
Grave indeed. On the surface this is good news - imagine a form of truth from a politico? Go figure.

Thank you for bringing this to light,

Victor K.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This was far from a Grave Error. It was purely intentional and was done in a calculated manner. I believe the "Yellow Ribbon" incident was just an example of the methods employed.

Pie

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There is no "form of truth". There is only truth. That reminds me of a statement by the liberal press that the Conservative Talk Shows are hindering the press in defining the truth. Truth is truth and doen't need defined. In other words they want to tell us what they want us to think is truth.
It is always amazing when someone hears a politician say something they agree with, it automatically becomes a form of truth.

top topics

join