It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Play an instrument?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I was wondering what instruments the fine folks of ATS/BTS play or would like to take up playing and their inspirations.

I play drums and guitar and id like to take up bass. Ive always wanted to play drums but my inspirations for guitar are: Dan Jacobs (Atreyu) and Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom).

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ive been known to play a mean triangle solo.

Id like to learn the drums, I was getting fairly good at it when I was younger then a bunch of crap happened and I never really got to practice anymore.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I've been playing guitar for about 10 years and bass-guitar, on and off, for about as long.

My influences are everything from Duane Allman to Dickey Betts, to Keith Richards to Ed King (former lead-guitarist for the REAL Lynyrd Skynyrd (mid-70's). For the past two or three years, I've been huge on The Band and as of now, Robbie Robertson probably has a much influence on me as anyone.

As far as bass-influences... I dunno-- I basically just play lead-guitar on 4 bass strings. No influences per se although I'd consider it a dream come-true to play anything remotely close to what Phil Lesh of the Grateful Dead played/plays.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'd like to learn to spin the DISK. Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.Rap. I'm working on beats for my songs currently.

top topics

join