It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the wall for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just sitting here after work & reading the news and this thought comes to My head. Could the 'wall' that's proposed be not to keep illegals out, but to keep Us in? I mean, when Me & Mine talk about what We think will be WWIII We say We're gonna head south-of-the-border. Ya know, somewhere that's warm enough to actually survive the winters, somewhere We could grow food year around & so on. Yeah, couldn't that wall be used to imprison Us? What keeps others out will keep Us in right? How possible is this? Or am I being paranoid...again?

Peace. K*

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
No, i dont think a wall could keep us in, atleast i dont think so. As for you and your other wanting to leave when ww3 starts just leave now dont need people like you anyways, consider yourself cut from the team.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I always just saw it as a way to keep people from draft dodging in the next few years, since they'll probably be reinstating it (we're spread thin.)

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If there's a draft, the increased fortification on the southern border, combined with new Canadian policies regarding the rendering of deserters could make desertion very, very difficult.

It's a theory anyway, but whether or not the draft comes back remains to be seen.

Walls definitely work both ways, there's no question of that. But really, people don't need to run to Mexico. There's plenty of wonderful land in this country, and the ocean is quite big...

I suspect that if something really terrible goes down, and the draft is re-instated, Mexico would be one of the most popular destinations due to their policy against extradition (especially in a case where someone could be tried with treason and killed, or imprisoned for life). Of course that could change too.

Something to think about anyway...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
That is an interesting idea about the wall. Seems like "security" measures seemingly come with decreased freedoms. I certainly would like to know I had an option to leave, if it was for the better.

Troy

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
who's the wall for?

1. For the next 20+ million illegals set to cross our boarders in the next 15 years.

2. For Blue Collar Americans who want their construction jobs back?

3. For the Legal Immigrants who are working just as hard if not harder to become an Americans legally.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The wall is nothing more than a feel good measure to make people think the officials are doing something about illegal immigrants.

The wall is only going to be 370 miles in length. The American/Mexican border is 1951 miles across. That leaves 1581 miles of border unblocked and unguarded for all intents and purposes.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen
The wall is nothing more than a feel good measure to make people think the officials are doing something about illegal immigrants.

The wall is only going to be 370 miles in length. The American/Mexican border is 1951 miles across. That leaves 1581 miles of border unblocked and unguarded for all intents and purposes.

Agreed!

the wall/security fence, is a hyped public funded project, more symbolic than practicle.

but the Part electronic, high tech, physical barrier, will allow the gov't (& black ops factions within the gov't) plenty of room to experiment and test the existing laws
in regards to surveillance, detainment, non-lethal weapons, migration, security & crowd controls... even to the point of strengthening the PatriotActs & proving ones' loyalty & citizenship.

new topics

top topics

join