It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should English Be Our National Language?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm sure there are other posters who feel differently about the "English Only" Amendment by Inhofe. But maybe they are afraid of coming around because of the harshness this subject matter was treated.

I just have made my peace with this topic. They'll be others that will speak. I am taking a sabbatical from this topic. I'm sure if you were in my position, you'd feel the same.

So, please do talk about the topic amongst yourselves. If you all agree, fine. But if you don't, well, there's your "two-sided dialogue" as one poster has mentioned.

Now, this really is my last post in this thread for a while.

And seagull, I am fair and even-handed. But this topic is one that I do not want to engage in anytime soon. I respectfully am giving the floor over to other posters to converse peacefully and kindly to one another.

But feel free to continue to discuss it because it is important and noteworthy. It will affect the services in the United States for those who have a hard time speaking English. I'm sure others can find some reasons and implications of the rules.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Enough!
This has gone on long enough.
I see no reason to belabor this topic, or what is left of it, at least in this thread.

Closed.

new topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join