It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Creatures - imagination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hi, I was just reading the threads about the little men and mini beasts and realised that many people share experiences. I wondered if anybody could relate to mine. When I was about 5 or 6 (maybe 7) years old, I was startled when I woke up. I woke up and saw about three flies flying in circles above my head, making a progressively louder buzzing sound. This was really weird and the buzz got really really loud (it hurt my ears) then the flies disapeared. I looked up and standing at the foot of my bed was a very tall hooded man, really unclear and sort of like a silouette. This made me REALLY scared and I was wide awake all of a sudden it dissapeared. after I calmed down a bit, I dismissed it as a "dream". It most probably was a dream as I had only just heard up and no-one else in the house heard the loud buzzing. Oh well. Anything similar?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a dream. Your senses tend to be very confusing while you sleep, and they can make things up like what you saw.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fealiks
Anything similar?

Very common "night terrors" experience in a hypnogogic state. Sometimes they happen during times of high stress. Kids generally grow out of them. Hey, here's a link!

Link

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i remember when i was little id say about 6 or 7, i had this experience, i wouldnt say i was asleep because id just lay down.
but i started to hear a kind of purring noise coming from the direction of my window, i never thought anything of it as i thought it was my cat. but then i heard a low thumping noise like someone walking along the floor, and i heard breathing, very low, deep slow breaths if you know what i mean. i was at this point terrified i shut my eyes tight, and i felt whatever it was either lean down or sit down on my bed,
i could actually feel it beside my leg, it lent down and actually licked my hand,well thats what it felt like. again i didnt open my eyes as i was terrified i was litrilally paralised with fear.

after a few moments i can only say i senced it leaning towards me as if looking at my face then get up and walk back across the room.
i finally got the corage to open my eyes but whatever it was,it was gone.
i ran through to tell my mother what happened and she says it was proberly a dream, but i know i wasnt asleep id just went through, and i knew it wasnt my cat as he was sitting on my mums lap (the living room door was closed),
i refused to sleep in that room for a long time as i was always terrified thinking something was waiting to get me.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
whoa, it licked your hand?
creepy! Ive never had a night terror befor apart from this one. Although on second thought, when I was younger I had flu and I had only just got to bed when I got up again and went to my door, I vividly remember cutting down a tree and seeing a man in a white lab coat with a very big coat (he looked alot like dr. ed from day of the tentacle!), how weird that was... I said sorry to my mum for cutting down the trees and she said "what?!" then I realised I was just dreaming and hadnt cut down any trees. very random.

I have been interested in this though because I recall somebody telling me that a dark hooded figure at the foot of your bed is supposed to mean something, id appreciate it if somebody could enlighten me.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I think I have night terrors. As I'm about to sleep (you know the point where you're half in and half out) and most nights I begin hearing people shouting. Now, where I live people oftens shout all night long as there are alchies over the road, but these voices are different. They always sound angry and often are familiar to me (but Ican't place them).

I put it down to my brain shutting down but still being flooded with arousing biochemicals.
Night terrors can seem vividly real, even to the point of licking your hand. If your brain is in the right state it can convince the rest of your body of anything. One instant involved a man who was blindfolded and told that someone was going to put something extremely hot on his arm. In fact , the man was prodded with spoon and immediately his skin reddened and inflamed slightly, a few days later he had a blister on the spot.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fealiks
I have been interested in this though because I recall somebody telling me that a dark hooded figure at the foot of your bed is supposed to mean something, id appreciate it if somebody could enlighten me.

Having a dark, hooded figure probably means you should either change your door and window locks, or move to a better neighborhood
. Just kidding. If I'm right, and I doubt I am, seeing a dark, hooded figure means you're either going to die soon, or that you just avoided death.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
i remember when my sister was 5 years old she woke me up one night and said she saw a "tree-man" on her window...now your thread makes me think about it...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ive had a few wierd dreams or what they might be latley.. Im 26 btw.. and usually dont have nightmares. I woke up and i was pretty sure that i saw a mouse on my pillow.. im not scard of them or anything, also im pretty sure if i had one inside my cat would have got it.. also i was probably not fully awake.

A few days later i woke up in the middle of the night again.. and it felt like something was moving inside my pillow.. it felt very real.. so i take the pillow out of the sheet and of course there was nothing.

Ive got no idea why i would have these dreams.. could it be irregular sleeping patterns or something ??

I don't think ive really got any nighmares for like a year before this.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i just called up my friend...and he told me a storie from his childhood... .
he told me that he "thought" he could see dead people...just for a short period of time in his childhood... .

my theory is that we all have fears that live deep in us an they depend from our child impressions... .when you see a horror movie between the age 4-6 you can't sleep for days...and you built up a fear for that horror-movie character...this fear won't leave you for the rest of your live,because it's deep into your mind...eveyrone of us has this deep fear....it's jsut normal (or not
)

top topics

join