It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Telemedicine Practiced in the USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Tele-, the prefix means "distant", or "from a far distance", as in telephone.

Do the telemedicine stimulators and killers (satellites, hand-brain ground remote controls...) that use electrical transmission affect you?

There is the possibility that telemedicine causes heart disease, cancer, schizophrenia, bipolar, major depression and a myriad of other diseases.

The illuminati is a suspect.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Huh?

I can't find any topic based in realist in this post. Do you have any evidence of any of these things?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yes it is. We have a telecenter at our Childrens Hospital and its a really good program. The nurses manning the phones have set criteria for what can wait and what cannot and if there is any doubt they send them to the ED. Its helps anxious parents and also helps eliminate uneeded trips to the ED

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Yes it is. We have a telecenter at our Childrens Hospital and its a really good program. The nurses manning the phones have set criteria for what can wait and what cannot and if there is any doubt they send them to the ED. Its helps anxious parents and also helps eliminate uneeded trips to the ED

I don't think GreatTech is referring to that, so much as "remote controls" that cause brain and heart damage. Of course, it's hard to tell in the rambling OP...

MFP

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Tthis type of conspiracy theory is classed as "Paranoid Conspiracy Theory" or I have seen it considered, with less 'weighted' language, "Paranormal Conspiracy Theory", because the agents of the conspiracy are charged with near supernatural or immpossible powers. Mass Manipulation is usually the 'typical' type of conspiracy presented as such.

Telemedecine does exist, and it is practiced in the use, but not through subtle manipulation of Electro-magnetic fields on the citizenry in an effort to control them. When a person is, say, x-rayed, at a hospital, that digital data (film isn't used much any more apparently), is sent, over the internet, to radiologists, almost exclusively in India too, where its examined by a couple of people, who then send back information to the hospital and make sets of recommendations for the general practioner.

I at least wouldn't call what you are talking about 'telemedecine'.

I'd agree that it should in theory be possible to do inspecific things to a person through the manipulation of EMFs, but its not happening on a widespread scale and its not a satisfactory explanation for the host of diseases and conditions you mention. THeir real cause is elsewhere.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

When a person is, say, x-rayed, at a hospital, that digital data (film isn't used much any more apparently), is sent, over the internet, to radiologists, almost exclusively in India too, where its examined by a couple of people, who then send back information to the hospital and make sets of recommendations for the general practioner.

Wow, that is just completely false. I have performed clinical rotations in the USA and in Italy, and every time we take an x-ray, CT, PET, or ultrasound of a patient, it is sent to the in hospital radiology lab and delivered to mine or the attending's office.

At first, I didn't know where you got the India part, but I think I may know. I think you have it confused with the typical hospital record dictation system. Many hospitals have a system in place where a doctor can pick up a phone in the hospitial, dial a specific number, and be connected to a service, sometimes based in India. This service allows the doctor to recite a report over the phone, an employee in India or elsewhere types up a digital form, and it is recorded in the hospital's system.

MFP

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
[Wow, that is just completely false. I have performed clinical rotations in the USA and in Italy, and every time we take an x-ray, CT, PET, or ultrasound of a patient, it is sent to the in hospital radiology lab and delivered to mine or the attending's office.

Nope this is done in many areas of the world including the US. Being in Med School, Im going to bet that your rotations have been in teaching hospitlas No? But a small clinic or a a rural hospital (Which we go out to pick up kids all the time) may not have a radiologist in the actuall facility but rather they contract out and send them electronicaly to be read by Radiologist who sends his read back

Nygdan you are correct most major centers do not use film anymore. They have the capacity mind you but electroci imagery allows the films to be read in the unit rather than the docs going off the unit to a radiology viewing room to compare serial xrays etc.

When a group of our nurses went to India for pediatric cardiac surgery outreach one person they met (A friend of our main surgeon) does this for a living. He has 2 T1 lines and reads imagry from all over the world

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
Wow, that is just completely false.

Er, no, its not.

it is sent to the in hospital radiology lab and delivered to mine or the attending's office.

I would doubt that every hospital in the United States sends their radiology data to india, yes. Many hospitals still have dark rooms and film developing chemicals too.

At first, I didn't know where you got the India part, but I think I may know.

From my indian professor who's an anesthesiologist and who's radiologist friends in india do this.

I think you have it confused with the typical hospital record dictation system.

Nope. They perform the analysis, make recommendations, and send it back to the hospital or general practice.

FredT
He has 2 T1 lines and reads imagry from all over the world

Namaste outsourcing!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hmm, well, I guess the clinics I've been in were different. I'll concede to your point, it's interesting though. I've worked in small clinics and even then we kept the x-rays in local labs.

MFP

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
How dare you sir, don't you know that we're supposed to pointlessly argue back and forth for several pages over this! Being reasonable? Yeesh, what is the world comming too!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah, yeah...hehe

I can understand my inexperience is probably showing in this topic. After all, radiology is NOT my specialty. My exposure thus far is typing in a report asking for a radiology consult, and then looking at the results the next day.

MFP

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Due to my daily use of teleradiology systems, HIS/RIS, and teletranscription. These systems have taken off with the ever increasing access to bandwidth. They greatly increase the speed, and accuracy that radiology exams can be interpreted, and reports generated for referring physicians. The claims of outsourcing to India is probably overstated, and many states are considering legislation that would bar such practices unless the interpreting physician was licensed in that state. Australia is actually the big player in telerad outsourcing, this is due to their time offset relative to North America.

www.nighthawkrad.net...

India seems to be more involved in transcription services... At least in my experience.

As for "hand-brain ground remote controls," i haven't a clue.

MRI Monkeys, not just for flipping protons anymore...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

many states are considering legislation that would bar such practices unless the interpreting physician was licensed in that state.

I thought I had heard that, too...

India seems to be more involved in transcription services... At least in my experience.

That's pretty much the only service I have personally seen that is for sure outsourced to India. Of course, as I said before, my inexperience in radiology definitely would hinder my knowledge, here.

MFP

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Mirthful Me, are you proving telemedicine? Or teleradiation management and control?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Mirthful is referring to a telemedicine service which transmits patient data. We're not talking about your idea of some remote control satellite that kills people, like the one you're referring to in the original post. That's just silly.

MFP

join