It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Los Angeles City Council Members Attack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In light of the Cynthia McKinney news, I thought that I'd bring this up to you. After all, since some of you espouse that Ms. McKinney "has a bad attitude", "is loud, racist and ignorant" and not to mention, "a psychotic with too many teeth." Plus some had said that she did not "respect authority".

I wonder what you have to say about Los Angeles Councilwoman Janice Hahn? A seemingly matronly lady who does appear to look like someone's mother and aunt. But...the news reported something quite uncontrary about her:

City Councilwoman Accused of Battery

LOS ANGELES, May 17, 2006 - An LAPD investigation was under way today into a claim by a security guard at a hotel near LAX that he was struck and injured by Councilwoman Janice Hahn during a demonstration by workers last week. The allegations could constitute a misdemeanor battery case, but no conclusion has been reached yet about whether to refer the case to prosecutors, LAPD Lt. Paul Vernon told the Los Angeles Times.

Hahn, who has denied the allegations by security guard Almical Sanchez, said any contact occurred as she was trying to maintain her balance while a crowd pushed from behind.

The incident occurred at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel Friday during a demonstration by workers suspended the day before for gathering without permission in an employee cafeteria amid dissension over a colleague's suspension.

In fact, here's a picture of Ms. Hahn:

Well...I'm just waiting for people's comments on this. Come on now. Don't hold back. Was she "aggressive"? Did she have a "bad attitude"? Is she "nutty"? Now, was she wearing her pin? Should the police be respected and obeyed in this case? Should she be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law? And how about her wispy, blonde mane of hair? Let's not be hypocritical.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If she purposely struck the security guard.
She deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

oh, I forgot to mention..she's kind of nutty looking..

[edit on 17-5-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well, spacedoubt, thank you for your honesty and your bravery in commenting about this story. When I saw this on the news today, I was rather curious about how people felt about this event.

And then, I have to say, there is actually video showing the entire altercation. They ran the video over and over too. They even interviewed the cop who was "assaulted".

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
[*sound of crickets*]

Well, where's the outrage? A cop was assaulted!!!! I thought people would be frothing at the mouth!!!!!

[edit on 18-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The whole reason I found this board was a new co-worker was talking to me about politics in America and I did not know what they were talking about, it wasn't on TV news. She told me about this site but to watch out for certain topics. Anything that makes a republican look bad will either get you pegged a terrorist or nonpatriotic. Thankfully I am not a native so not worried about being called nonpatriotic but terrorist? It might make it hard for me to go home when I am called back.

Is this one of them? Where the republicans will either attack you or ignore you because it makes them look bad?

She does not look crazy, maybe she had a reason to hit the guard. It does not give you her side of the story, he could have grabbed her derrière and she hit him for it.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally quoted by Yumi
The whole reason I found this board was a new co-worker was talking to me about politics in America and I did not know what they were talking about, it wasn't on TV news. She told me about this site but to watch out for certain topics. Anything that makes a republican look bad will either get you pegged a terrorist or nonpatriotic. Thankfully I am not a native so not worried about being called nonpatriotic but terrorist? It might make it hard for me to go home when I am called back.

Is this one of them? Where the republicans will either attack you or ignore you because it makes them look bad?

She does not look crazy, maybe she had a reason to hit the guard. It does not give you her side of the story, he could have grabbed her derrière and she hit him for it.

Yumi,

This is not one of those threads. Believe me, there are some of those threads as well. But, I've been called everything from a "Kerry lover" to a "liberal" on this board. So, you won't get attacked by me for voicing your feelings. After all, I have voiced my discontent with the government. I am also a Democrat.

I put this story up here as a contrast to the news of Cynthia McKinney. If you have a little time, read what happened to how some posters treated her and her case of "tapping the police officer on the chest with her cell phone". You would be aghast at some of the responses said about the Georgia Congresswoman--especially when they out and out say that she was "beligerent" and "has a bad attitude". The thread about her is also in the Poltical Figures Forum on PTS. In fact, there were two.

One thing you might have noticed is that people have been quiet about Janice Hahn, Los Angeles Council Woman. Yes, she is democratic. And yes, she is a woman. They both "struck" police officers. Ms. McKinney, however, had eye-witnesses to her "altercation". Ms. Hahn had been caught on tape. But there is a glaring difference between Ms. Hahn and Ms. McKinney. And I think that difference is one of the reasons why no one wants to answer this thread.

However, in Ms. Hahn's case, she was protesting with a group of striking workers when the incident happened. So, she might have been pushed into the cop. But, I am surprised that all the "law and order" types that demanded "cops to be obeyed" in the Cynthia McKinney threads are not calling for the woman's head.

So, I thank you for being brave for answering this thread at all. Because strangely, this thread has been a little quiet because the woman in this case who struck the police officer is not Congresswoman McKinney.

Between you and me, though, hopefully this will be settled out of court and Ms. Hahn will be back sitting in her council seat as Ms. McKinney will be in hers when Congress is in session.

Besides, about the other threads: it's good to be choosy about where you post. There are those who are like what your friend said. But there are other posters who are nice, polite and gracious as well. So, be thoughtful and considerate when you post. It also helps to have a thick skin. If you do become the recipient of name-calling, try to reason with the poster thoughtfully and rehabilitate your character. Or, go tell the mods. They'll help you.

Take care,

Ceci

[edit on 29-5-2006 by ceci2006]

top topics

join