It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother (the TV show)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I CANT STAND IT!! How the hell do people find this show at all entertaining? How? Incase you've been fortunate enough to have never seen this show, they basically stick 12 or so people into a studio for about 3 months and film/broadcast everything that happens. These poor attention starved
's are in a locked in a house and have no contact with the outside world, so as you can imagine the possibilities are extremely limited. Who on earth would waste their time watching other people waste their time?

The only remotely entertaining senario would be if there was some hanky panky or a punch up right? Well fortunately this has been known to happen, unfortunately though neither of these situations are suitable for broadcast and if such an event occurs you be made to watch an empty garden and listen to the sound of birds.

I like channel four and they show a good variety of entertaining and informative programs. However at this time of year i often find myself whishing i could beat the viewers of this program with a remote.

Now all this wouldn't be so bad if it were restricted to the TV. For some reason people like to drivel on about this
of a show all day long and its not only the mindless twerps i'd expect, but friends i had previously considered intelligent and respectable men and women.

God! the news papers, they take it to another level.

And the absolute worse thing, the thing that pisses me off most about Big brother, is the fact that these talentless
's are then considered celebrities which is another rant in it self.

Right its extremely late and hopefully with this off my chest i'll be able to get some sleep (albeit 4 hours worth). I'll also apo

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I made it through 2 episodes of the First season in the US.
That was the last time I ever watched..

You're right, it's THAT GOOD!...LOL

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
In Australia, you pay 55c to submit a vote to kick someone out. Now you tell me, are the people that are outside the house, or inside, both stupid? Yes.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Yeh you have to do the same thing here i think its like £1 maybe 50p.
Thank god for the world cup, at least ther will be something else for the tabloids to get excited about.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I always tell myself I'll try my best to ignore it every year, but when it comes around, I can't stop myself finding out:

a) The quality of the ladies
b) Whether Channel 4 will have the guts to show the more "unsuitable" parts.

I'm usually dissapointed on both counts. The sight of grass and the sound of birds and aeroplanes is not good television, and I seem to remember a lot of less of that in the first seasons (god knows how long ago, 7 years?).

And if there's anyone like Nadia, Marco, Emma, Michelle, Kemal in there this year (which you can guarantee), then it's probably going to be as annoying as usual.

The worst part of it is, there is usually one or two tolerable people in there, and they are the ones who end up getting loads of grief from the gimps (who usually consist of the girls who want to be famous, the over camp ones, the pretty boys and quiet ones that are usually a bit two faced).

But I admit....come Thursday, I'll be finding out who's in there again :shk:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I remember watching the first Big Brother and thought it was quite funny. Most of the folk were pretty normal and had good humour. Can't remember any of their names though. :S
Progressivly though, Big Brother has gone downhill thanks to the number of attention seekers, so it ceases to be an experiment of social interaction. And becomes an experiment of tasteless banality.
Thank
for the World Cup.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Good to see that there arnt any BB lovers on this site, well none that are out of the closet at least.

MacDonagh, its good to see we agree on something.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
god i think i watched big brothers first episode, im sorry but whats exciting about sitting there watching people eat,sleep and pick there nose? if i wanted that all i have to do is sit and watch my kids, they do all of that plus they have the occasional bust up and its more entertaining.

DOWN will big brother

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Can I just say (HA! NO-ONE CAN STOP ME) how much I loathe and detest Big Brother. It's cutting into the TV schedule on Channel 4 (Green Wing got bumped for it, for pity's sake) and very soon I will be unable to walk past a newspaper stand in this country without my peripheral vision picking up some reference to one or another of the assorted attention-seeking losers and their dreary, dismal antics.

As if that weren't enough, it's hard to go a-channel-flipping without running across it, and it's got the hypnotic quality of a truly dreadful car crash. Your mind is screaming, LOOK AWAY! LOOK AWAY! and yet your finger is paused over the flip button as your brain locks in incomprehension at the horror, the horror... I've seen perhaps three consecutive minutes of it and one wonders if there's EVER anyone rejected from the show for being too dreadful, annoying, unstable, or ignorant. From what I can gather in my limited exposure to this toxic effluent, there is a Welsh boy with a personality that can most charitably be termed 'unformed', a would-be Lothario, and a young man who is such a collection of artifice, and of tics and grimaces, that to call him Tourette's Boy (already my private nickname for him) is to insult the genuinely afflicted. Not that I'll let that get in the way of a good nickname. I saw little of the girls but they seem like the usual bunch of vapid shallow cretins, with at least one really nasty aggressive bitch to throw into the mix. She probably thinks of herself as 'feisty', but I'm sure I could come up with a few good alternative terms that would get me banned from this forum in a heartbeat.

They all deserve whatever unpleasant, degrading, dehumanising stunts the programme makers can inflict on them. To wish them stripped of their dignity is futile: THEY HAVE NONE.

new topics

top topics

join