It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impersonal service from Online Auction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have been operating an online store through Ebay for 3 months,with no problems,and last night my account was suspended due to an apparent affiliation with another banned member.
The only recourse I have is through email to their security and trust committee,as told to me by a forum member that I had assumed was an employee of the company.No resolution could be achieved through this forum and I was told it could take a week before I would hear from the committee.
Now this sounds all well and good except for the fact that I cannot ring them to sort this issue out as there is no phone number as well as the people who have paid for items, I also cannot send as my account is blocked from view.
Doesn't this seem a little unfair on the purchasers who could in all honesty lose money due to the impersonalisation of ebay.
What recourse to the purchasers have?....none
Why couldn't they have given a 24 hour notice through email regarding their concerns?
Why don't they have a phone number to be contacted on?
Is this the way of the future where everything is done so impersonally that the human condition is forgetton?
Has anyone else encountered problems and how have you resolved it?

join